Super soil or too hot?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

so I have a bunch of different kinds of fertilizers/potting mixes laying around so I was mixing a couple teaspoons of each mix into some new roots organic 707 I just bought..
so far I have

*Roots Organic 707 soil/coco mix
*Bio Live 5-4-2 Natural Fertilizer
*Planet Earth Dry Fertilizer/Compost Tea Mix
1.85-1.98-10.9

*Root Rally 0-3-0 w 6% Calcium & Mycorrhizal Inoculate
*Diatomaceous Earth (I know it won’t do much but I’m not using it anyways so I figure it’ll help the plant when it breaks down into Silica)

what do you guys think too hot or should I add or remove anything?

heres some list with all the ingredients

*Roots Organic 707 Soil
Ingredients: Coarse peat, coco fiber, compost, perlite, pumice, worm castings, bat guano, fish bone meal, soybean meal, feather meal and kelp meal

*Bio Live Fertilizer
Down To Earth Bio-Live 5-4-2 is an OMRI listed certified organic fertilizer made from fish bone meal, fish meal, shrimp meal, crab meal, alfalfa meal, langbeinite, basalt and kelp meal. Bio-Live possesses a unique mixture of beneficial fungi and bacteria that help build a living system in your soil.

*Root Rally
ROOT RALLY (0-3-0 WITH 6% CALCIUM AND MYCORRHIZAL INOCULANT) is a naturally based blend of phosphorus, calcium, and Endo/Ecto Mycorrhizae inoculant. The inoculants provide mycorrhizal support for several types of trees, shrubs, flowers, fruits and vegetables. When applied to the plant’s root system, Root Rally can help reduce transplant shock and lead to increased water and nutrients uptake.

*Diatomaceous Earth

*Planet Earth Dry Fertilizer/Compost Tea
1.85-1.98-10.9 Ingredients too long so it’s Pictured Below

Super soil or too hot
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If you don’t know what you’re doing just use the roots organic soil straight out the bag. The other soils will only serve to complicate the problems you’ll have once your plants have established themselves. You can try a batch of your mixed soil next to a batch of roots organic soil and see which one does better. If your mix works out then by all means go for it. Otherwise you’re just making a mess.

If you like building soils then take the time to understand what each ingredient does and interacts with other ingredients. Building soils is not for everyone. You should know what you’re putting in it and why otherwise you’re just tossing shit in a bowl and hope it makes a cake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom