Super Soil Questions? Mix Ratio And Amendments Advice.

• Thread starter GreenCollar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenCollar

GreenCollar

So a few questions, comments and tips on amendments and super soil mixes.

First off I know there is other thread(s) that cover a lot of this but science is constantly evolving and conversation is knowledge!

1. For aspiring and novice growers alike...yes 100% cheap soil and dare I say it… even miracle grow soil will grow decent buds and half decent yield given proper lighting. Some strains better than others like anything else. I started with miracle grow moisture control, 2 gallon pots and 150 true watts of cfl my first grow and did quite well, granted I spent the money on proper genetics of durable strains (mephisto, dinafem, Barney's farm, and Mosca).

2. But I digress… the real point of this thread is to discuss soil. Super soil to be exact. My first question is simple; what do you use for compost? whether it be in a super soil mix or directly in pots/ground

3. What are your favorite amendments and why?

4. This is where I have been having trouble… what ratio do you use for the base to your super soil mix? I have read about 20% base is standard but am.seeing a lot of contrasting information. I use a basic soil mix with mycorrhizal, meal etc currently, but am finally investing in designing my own advanced super soil.

5. I plan on stepping up to a 6x6 tent with carbon filtered intake and outtake, 600-800 watts of led, gravity drip watering, full organic natural eco system with coriander, dill and marigold to allow reproducing green lacewing population for small pests and also as a backup food source to praying mantises to control any larger pest. Also plan to cover crop with clovers and/or mustard for nitrogen fixation, soil stabilization and additional pest resistance. Any suggestions, advice or tips are appreciated always!!

centralcoast

centralcoast

Miracle grow is absolute garbage and I would never use it, period. Why feed your most precious plants White Castle when prime rib is readily available?

As for base soil to use in mixing with your super soil, I believe choosing one with little to no nutrients is what’s recommended (sunshine mix, roots, happy frog, etc.). Reason being, you’re adding so many other supplements to your mix that you don’t want to burn the hell out of your plants.

Stick with the Vice high/Subcool recipe and I’m sure you’ll be golden.

Latest posts

Top Bottom