Supplement blue light to open up stomata !

• Thread starter Zoneshityee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Hi all,
Does anyone have experience supplementing light wavelengths at different parts of life cycle for different reason?? Blue should.open stomata thus increase nutrient uptake supposedly... testing it out

Supplement blue light to open up stomata
Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Read this:
Or don't but it'll answer all your questions about spectrum and more.
Awesome, appreciate it, so it looks like I'm on track here, going to order some new goodies I have in mind(if its built already, going to check now) and am going to run some tests 👍👍

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Just an update guys, I have tried two diff additive lights, holy crap 🤯the redblue first and then the blue under canopy 1 plant diff light each day. The blue one freakin rocked, plant shot up crazy and foliage looks way better! Could be also the VPD is dialed the hell in or the nutrients on point ? 🤷‍♂️

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Just an update guys, I have tried two diff additive lights, holy crap 🤯the redblue first and then the blue under canopy 1 plant diff light each day. The blue one freakin rocked, plant shot up crazy and foliage looks way better! Could be also the VPD is dialed the hell in or the nutrients on point ? 🤷‍♂️
2 days had that big of an impact?

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Dude I just spent an hour like peeling the new growth off all the main stems, yea it was like immediate! (Ok maybe 4 hr or so)I swapped from thenredblue to blue, and then water and came back to check later, and was like holy crap

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

I will share the trick, a little sea kelp, vitamin b, some protein and aminos, a small boost of amoniacal nitrogen and humic, the vpd dialed in with that blue light under = holy shit

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Noticeable growth in 4 hours? No way. I'll believe that when I see it.

Also, that shouldn't be happening. Blue light gets used less than red light by the plant. The benefit of blue is shorter stems. Not only does the plant use the red light more, but the blue light isn't directed at leaf growth as much either which seems to be what you're talking about.

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

@gorillaglueaaron ok so dont do it 🤷‍♂️ I will continue with mynfindings and share them 🥇

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It's not a clear before and after. Ok, I'll take your word for it.

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

And here is today .. I need to buy more and place them evenly under canopy lol...

20210112 205016
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Again, it's hard to see any difference. Not saying there isn't one.

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

About 2 inches taller than the rest of the canopy when itnwas to be all even..

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I can't compare the pictures accurately. It has nothing to do with thinking you're wrong, I just can't see the difference from pictures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom