Survey: Dimmer Knob Clicked to Preset Light Levels or Smooth Dimmer Knob?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Hello THC growers, ViparSpectra would like to take a quick easy survey with you, which will take only 30 seconds.

Q: Do you prefer a dimmer knob that can be clicked to preset light levels, or a smooth dimmer knob from 0%-100%?

What's your answer? And why? Thank you.

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Smooth.

Spectrum tuning, plug n play, scalable..

Smooth graduation gives the ability to track with plant height.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
definitely a smooth nob - having a turning radius but only 4 settings it has a lower quality feeling. i would be more accepting of a controller which had preset buttons at 25% increments .

when you're trying to fine tune everything and have a stable environment i feel like getting the most out of it may be allowing that +/- 5% of change which isn't an option on 1-4 setting nobs.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

0 - 100% with marked 25% increments and an off setting/switch.

Tired of buying off/on inline switches or unplugging lights when I’m working on areas or cleaning.

In my case I usually only have 2 out of 3 zones running at a time. 2 share the same power cord.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I prefer smooth knob movement. A digital display of the power level would be wonderful. I like the idea of finding a level slightly below the point at which light stress begins.
Yes. That would be helpful.

Would you want it in watts or in the 25/50/75/100 levels?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
definitely a smooth nob - having a turning radius but only 4 settings it has a lower quality feeling. i would be more accepting of a controller which had preset buttons at 25% increments .

when you're trying to fine tune everything and have a stable environment i feel like getting the most out of it may be allowing that +/- 5% of change which isn't an option on 1-4 setting nobs.
Controller, great idea.

ViparSpectra has a VB series and aquarium lights that have remote controls. It's just that some customers may lose the remote control. 😂

E

elusiveshame

Preset, and one that goes to 12, because 12 is higher than 11.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Having both preset and smooth, i prefer the smooth knob, not sure the reason, just like the smoothness of it 🤣

Top Bottom