Suspected root aphids in flower, help!

• Thread starter Cannabis Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lil miss lone

I have not had to treat again since the Tx with triazicide (Spectracide) used according to label directions as a root drench that was left (flood tables) for two days. I know I've told you that before, but this is for others.

I hope you appreciate what a help you've been to me! While my final yield absolutely will suffer, as you predicted, I am going to get something out of this run.

Now, for eradicating that fucking powdery mildew....

Your very welcome Sea and I wish you all the good karma in your grow.

smokey79

smokey79

HEY there CC, U got a world of advice there and all good, I just had a sim prob entering flower, had four large 1.5m plants got serious gnats follwed by root aphids, gnatol flushes-used whole tub!!, gt buyers spray and neem, also noted I added garic and citric acid to neem and the citric acid seems a deterant IMO-but nuthing more-I attacd em first with gnatol and cleanded my grow area everynight for 10days removing all plans cleaning grow area with disinfectant(dettol), and drying trays, then started making sure my plants were dryed out as possable prefeed/water and added neem and after few weeks spayed soil with buyers spray, as I was goin into flower the girls legs had been shaved and so neem could be used wo affecting buds-aloto work, but I got two sexy girls cut n dry 1.5g pW easy and one was badly affected, was going to fling her but she started to show new growth so have left her with her sis to see what I get I think on one will get a much reduced yield and the other either very little or no real nice bud as on the plant it looks k but cut n dry and there is zero density, a got problem with computer that why I have not updated my thread-took advice tors,lil miss and seaM all good and real helpful, jus wanted to say there achance of sumthing but it is 1 shed load work and if U can w8 chop em, time u see em damage done esp late on, I dont expect anthing much off tall 2m lollipopped and she had potential till em fux got in about, canna/root zymes seemed to be helpful, there alot extra expense gettin rid and helping your rootzone try recover, I have a post p3 with sum photos but wil be updating with the good news as soon as can up load picts,hope this helps CC n if it too l8 fur the kid hope it helps sum1else! HAPPY SMOKEN smokey79

Onespark

Onespark

Gnatrol or GoNats. Either of those will work. I prefer Gnatrol because it is in a granular form. I just went thru this myself, it takes about a total of 3-4 weeks to kill them. First feed kills the Adults, Second feed kills the eggs leftover by the adults, Third kills anything left behind. At least that is what I have found.
Or if you cannot get either of those you can use Mesquito Dunks found at most hardware stores. Break those up and spread them around your plants or you can put them in your res.

Are you sure you had root aphids and not just fungus gnats? The root aphids I got took baths in gnatrol and gonats while flipping me the bird and pooping hungry clones out there fat asses. I have tried it all and nothing kills root aphids like killing everything and starting over... They go dormant and come back after the threat has passed. Dormant under the wall boards, in the grow equipment, in the pots....SURPRISE! they-r baa-ack.

I am going to add that the root aphids I am familiar with have at least six very distinct life stages (maybe seven?) and not one of them is an egg. They are born live and hungry. It has been shown Root aphids can hatch around 12 of these exact clones of themselves a day - asexually. One root aphid is all you need to trigger another infestation.

Triazicide knocks them down and kills the majority but a small number go into stasis and get back to work after the systemic (imid) wears off.

Have had good luck with nematodes as long as the population is established right away and everything is clean.

coreymillia

coreymillia

stupid bugs

These things suck literally the life out of plants. My friend had them in a NFT system and he filled the tubes with ed rosenthals zero tolerance and i think he used einstein oil and water and let it soak, seemed to work. Now ive noticed them in my dirt some more than others. What i want to know is can i use botanigard and nematodes with zero tolerance and einstein oil? Any Ideas on that? I think these little bastards have been in the garden off and on for years and I never noticed, they dont affect the bud untill they get out of control and you start seeing phantom deficiencies. I just ordered botanigard es and 22wp, has anyone ever used this stuff? Application is 1/2-1 qt per 100g and 1/2-1 lb per 100g, but for soil drench it says 2-8 fl oz and 1-4 oz per 1000 sq ft at least 1 gallon per 1000 sq ft. So I was thinking follow the directions for regular aphids water in weekly alternating with the zero tolerance and einstein oil and killer nematodes for the rest of my damn life. Sound good? I got a flomaster atomizer so i havent seen anything above ground alive spraying 32 oz warm water, 2 tsp einstein oil, 1 cup zero tolerance, 4 drops classic ivory soap, 1/8 tsp coco wet, every 3-4 days for flawless prevention of everything...above the root zone.

L

lil miss lone

These things suck literally the life out of plants. My friend had them in a NFT system and he filled the tubes with ed rosenthals zero tolerance and i think he used einstein oil and water and let it soak, seemed to work. Now ive noticed them in my dirt some more than others. What i want to know is can i use botanigard and nematodes with zero tolerance and einstein oil? Any Ideas on that? I think these little bastards have been in the garden off and on for years and I never noticed, they dont affect the bud untill they get out of control and you start seeing phantom deficiencies. I just ordered botanigard es and 22wp, has anyone ever used this stuff? Application is 1/2-1 qt per 100g and 1/2-1 lb per 100g, but for soil drench it says 2-8 fl oz and 1-4 oz per 1000 sq ft at least 1 gallon per 1000 sq ft. So I was thinking follow the directions for regular aphids water in weekly alternating with the zero tolerance and einstein oil and killer nematodes for the rest of my damn life. Sound good? I got a flomaster atomizer so i havent seen anything above ground alive spraying 32 oz warm water, 2 tsp einstein oil, 1 cup zero tolerance, 4 drops classic ivory soap, 1/8 tsp coco wet, every 3-4 days for flawless prevention of everything...above the root zone.

I'm sorry bro, I don't know about any of those things, my question to you is do you want to get Rid of them for good? The only way that you can would be with chemicals, and some people don't want to do that.

M

MediMary

I havn't had the root aphids (thank god) so I have just browsed the posts about them, but I just made a post here,
I havn't seen anyone talking about that treatment, but yah I havnt read all the root aphid threads either so, might have already been posted a bunch of times,

coreymillia

coreymillia

I'm sorry bro, I don't know about any of those things, my question to you is do you want to get Rid of them for good? The only way that you can would be with chemicals, and some people don't want to do that.

Well yeah i want to get rid of them, ive seen gnats for years, now re thinking my entire growing im sure ive had these demons not really affecting me until i got the atomizer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom