"sweating" your buds. after hanging/drying, but before jarring/curing.

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

has anyone heard of this technique called sweating?

you put the buds in paper bags after drying on the rack to wick out moisture from the center for a day or 2, then into jars.

is this legit?

thanks

Madmax

Madmax

Ive done similar but dry for 14 odd days .as we know all buds in different sizes dry at different times so i put lets say 5 oz in a plastic tupperware container i will put it near a window for a period till it sweats .this sweating of the bigger buds spreads there moisture through the dryer ones and makes it all even.i will move it away from the window to cool ..have another feel if it still a little moist ill do it again till im happy..i only leave near window sill no longer than say 10 mins on a autumns day say 20 deg..i jar after this and hardly have to check..done this since i was 18..im 50 now 😃

CF89

CF89

I dont mind jar curing and taking the time. Ive got the 58% boveda packs and no rush. I want this bud to be super tasty, even if I gotta cure for a year!!

ive had it drying for 7 days now. the stems bend a bit and then snap if you try. theyre close to needing jars and none are tight, huge, dense colas. its pretty airy fluffy stuff so not too sure what to do next.

mancorn

mancorn

has anyone heard of this technique called sweating?

you put the buds in paper bags after drying on the rack to wick out moisture from the center for a day or 2, then into jars.

is this legit?

thanks
I didn’t know it had a name, but yes I paper bag after rack drying and before jarring. After the rack I’ll cut the buds off the stems and leave them in the (grocery size) bags for days or weeks (depending on temps).

I don’t have a controlled drying environment, so the bags offer a consistent storage space. If your temps are too high you can pull off the rack and keep them packed together in the paper bag which will slow down the drying process. It stays surprising moist without fear of molding.

edit: well it will mold if you put a bunch of wet stuff in a bag. So you want the buds dry, like the standard snap test. And I check and fluff the buds in the bag (every day or every few days depending on my temps and humidity).

Last edited:
CF89

CF89

weeks eh? damn. seems like mine would be bone dry and dust by then, especially at the rate theyre going!!

wouldnt the boveda humidity packs take care of all the sweating and evening out?

im at that fork in the road... I think theyre done with the racks tomorrow night and ready for jars... or a quick paper bag before jars. hmmmm.

I read that once the buds get below 55% humidity that all curing stops, and wont resume again.

im super scared to screw something up. but yet my dad claims when he was young he threw all his bud in a garbage bag, then onto the dash of his 64 impala in the sun for a few days.... said it was the most amazing bud ever. had people driving an hour and begging him for this bud, going home, then coming right back to score for someone else they were so impressed. doesnt make sense to me.

I already had my sugar leaves all turn moldy in about 3 days in a plastic container while being stirred every 12 hours.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
I tried this paper bag method with some large beautiful Blue Dream buds and lost some to mold. I think I left them in the paper bags to long, seems like 12 hours in the paper bags is all you need. I decided to just dry an extra week and not deal with paper bags if I don't have too. Good to know it's there as a safety net I guess, I'd try it again but only overnight.

Top Bottom