Sweet smell? Doesn’t smell like weed I’ve ever smelled

• Thread starter Girlonbikes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Hi, I dried my plant out for 10 days in the pot in the dark. Then left the cut and trimmed buds in a paper bag for another 5 -7 days before transferring to a glass jar. They smell sweet, but not at all like any bud I’ve ever smelled. I don’t think it’s an ammonia smell. Is this normal? Will they smell more like weed at the 3 week mark? They’ve been in the jar for about a week so far.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

It is normal that from a batch of seeds can come out phenos that dont have particular fragrance independently from the amount of resin that they show......its the genetic, i dont think it will gain that much with curing...
I recently harvested a plant with rock hard nugs coated in resin, almost white....but no flavor or smell at all! ZERO! Also very low potency....makes me wonder if there are some CBD traits in her cause its unbelievable the difference from lookin at it (Pure dankness) and smokin it ( tastes like hay/leaves)..

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Hi, I dried my plant out for 10 days in the pot in the dark. Then left the cut and trimmed buds in a paper bag for another 5 -7 days before transferring to a glass jar. They smell sweet, but not at all like any bud I’ve ever smelled. I don’t think it’s an ammonia smell. Is this normal? Will they smell more like weed at the 3 week mark? They’ve been in the jar for about a week so far.
don't sweat it. if you know how to dry and cure which it seems you do . you will get what you should. sweet smell isn't something to be looked at as a negative dude. ammonia/grass/hay is different. it will go towards more of a weed smell as the cure progresses, but exactly when and or how it might change nobody can say unless they have grown the same strain. but that question does seem to say your a novice. we all start somewhere and end up fine in due time. everyone's learning curve is different.

i have buds back in the jars that i had to take out and re-dry fully until stem snapped in the middle. my warrior tonic smells sweet, the other does not. i'm burping one jar of warrior tonic now and the other 7jars are another strain. it's the genetics. unless u growing bunk weed , u should relax and cure as normal. what strain is it. mind posting some bud shots.

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

It’s a seed my sister gave me that was sitting in her grinder for who knows how long so I have no idea what strain. But I think it’s a heavily leaning sativa hybrid because I harvested at 12 weeks of flower with almost no amber and probably could’ve gone another week or two.

01D84962 EDA5 4B6E 8081 6FBADB010BE3
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, I think much of this is strain dependent, grow conditions and diet. There's certainly ways of teasing out more flavors and smells with different lighting and nutrition, but it's apparent genetics are in the driving seat on this issue.

I've been working with trying a little more sulfur, to increase the "stink" element (pun intended) 😁 and the agromax pure UV t5's I got were in a similar vein, trying to get some of that far spectrum light to increase resin and, perhaps, synthesize some of those more interesting smells.

Good overall general health and vigor, especially during mid to late flowering stages seem to really promote enhanced smell and taste, as well. At least in my experience.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Yep, fire it up! I am growing "bagweed" probably Mexican "Brickweed" but it smokes well so I try growing it with the THC farmer help and hopefully "Girls" will look great near harvest.

sambapati

sambapati

Yea, I think much of this is strain dependent, grow conditions and diet. There's certainly ways of teasing out more flavors and smells with different lighting and nutrition, but it's apparent genetics are in the driving seat on this issue.

I've been working with trying a little more sulfur, to increase the "stink" element (pun intended) 😁 and the agromax pure UV t5's I got were in a similar vein, trying to get some of that far spectrum light to increase resin and, perhaps, synthesize some of those more interesting smells.

Good overall general health and vigor, especially during mid to late flowering stages seem to really promote enhanced smell and taste, as well. At least in my experience.
The afghan Frankster smells like michamacan and honey. Yeti also smells sweet. 18 different 'jars' 9 plants...still burping 5 minutes per day. My wife sometimes asks if I burped today..FYI there isnt any real difference between food quality seals and ball/mason seals. I keep all the jars in sealed shopping bags and they dont leak...
20210318 104231
I am using Terpene protection packs as this ered might be around a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom