• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

can you members list some good - Sweetners - other than molasses ? Thanks

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I use raw cane sugar. It naturally contains some molasses, but it's mostly sucrose. Cheap. Dissolves fast. Endless supply in my kitchen.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Xylitol is something the microbes can't eat, but it is very sweet. Hmmm.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

have useed that before - ask me how it worked ?

How did it work? It made it sweet, right? But with an artificial aftertaste. My dispensary uses it by the truck load on some strains. They over use it. I have heard the use of Bud Candy in Cannabis Cups will pretty much guarantee that you won't win the Cup.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Molasses WILL cause problems. At first glance it sounds like the thing to use. Further studies have shown that molasses will cause a rapid rise in microbes followed by a rapid die-off. It's Not the right product to use as a sweetener despite all the people recommending it.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Molasses WILL cause problems. At first glance it sounds like the thing to use. Further studies have shown that molasses will cause a rapid rise in microbes followed by a rapid die-off. It's Not the right product to use as a sweetener despite all the people recommending it.
One could grow a tasty nld plant and nature will do it for you.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Im sure any amout of any liquid fertilizer is deadly or extremely hazardous to dogs i would think. Thanks for letting us know... i'll add that to my Amazon review.
I have dogs ... I'm also sensitive to the products I use because mine ARE my babies. Their health and well being is very important to me. The dogs are allowed in the greenhouse but not the indoor grow rooms. I keep all nutrients inside.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Im sure any amout of any liquid fertilizer is deadly or extremely hazardous to dogs i would think. Thanks for letting us know... i'll add that to my Amazon review.
Just so you know, my dog is never in my grow 😊 My actual point was if it’s that deadly to dogs, I don’t trust the safety for humans. Worst thing my dog would come away with from my grow would be fishy breath from seaweed😉 with a hint of kelp on the side.

7munkee

7munkee

Red beets are very high in natural sugar. If you can't find organic beet juice, buy some raw beets and simmer them and use the cooled water. I have never done this for cannabis, but I have for my garden with good results.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

If you run CO2 and use a high PPFD light, adding sugar has been shown to decrease yield. Not specifically in cannabis. Can't remember which plants they used.

On the other hand, adding sugar (specifically sucrose) has been shown to increase yield with a lot of different plants. Again, not specifically cannabis. So your mileage may vary because the Devil's Lettuce is a tricky bitch sometimes. But, I'm sticking with raw cane sugar (sucrose) regardless. I don't run CO2 or use a high PPFD light.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Just so you know, my dog is never in my grow 😊 My actual point was if it’s that deadly to dogs, I don’t trust the safety for humans. Worst thing my dog would come away with from my grow would be fishy breath from seaweed😉 with a hint of kelp on the side.
Xylitol isn't supposed to be harmful to humans but it can be deadly to our pets in small amounts.

All my nutrients are organic and handled properly should not pose any issues to my animals. I'm just cautious because I don't want to take chances either. The bigger reason they aren't allowed in the indoor grows is hair. I don't want it in my buds. I also have a dog who thinks the buds are a form of broccoli and given a chance, he'll eat them right off the plant. That's something we don't allow.

Top Bottom