Sweetners - please list some that you have positive experience with

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neueregel

Neueregel

I was just checking out your grows. Loveeee the way you have set up your grow area! You will have to look over those of us that no longer trust the science. As for me for the past ten years I have been using black strap and have never had the first prob with deficiency’s, lock outs or otherwise. I use only black strap, seaweed, worm castings and kelp. My biggest challenge is to not outgrow my state allowed grow space. I don’t foresee changing that no matter what the science says. As we know in this game it’s each to his own.
Yesterday we spoke about the xylitol being so dangerous to animals, I have done some more searching and have found out it is just as deadly to humans that have diabetes. It causes a mass disruption in the pancreas which is the organ that disperses insulin. Sad thing is, this is the very ppl that this product targets. Little things like this, makes the science hard to trust.
Happy growing Grandpa, no disrespect here. 😊

Thanks for posting. I was about to order some bud candy and I'm diabetic.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks for posting. I was about to order some bud candy and I'm diabetic.
Back to sweetners. My favorite bottled sweetner is Zyn Products "Candy Man." It's nothing more than potassium sulfate. It's not the only brand that is formulated this way. It's just reasonably priced and readily available in my area. There are other brands that have gone this route.

Remember, it's sulfates that drive the terpene production in cannabis and not a brand name. The products that contain it are the ones to look at.

FlyinEagle

FlyinEagle

That shit dont fly here buddy. debate all you like but keep the garbage of personal attacks out of this. This community is full of respectful debate and your not going to ruin that.

While I absolutely respect your ancestry imo it doesn’t make you you any different than anyone elsplaying with yas.
That shit dont fly here buddy. debate all you like but keep the garbage of personal attacks out of this. This community is full of respectful debate and your not going to ruin that.

While I absolutely respect your ancestry imo it doesn’t make you you any different than anyone else
Just playing around, Ne need to get all innernet tough boy. What ever i want flys anywhere i want it to too boy.
Dont forget where the fuck you are boy.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Mannitol - contained in BB Topmax
Gluose - in dextrose household sugar

Years ago read a study about which forms of sugar can enter the plant via the roots - about all mono- and disaccharids. The molecule just needs to be small. But glucose has the best effect, both on soillife and on the plant itself.
There's been a crude study, stem-injection, it almost doubled soya-bean yield. It's just these pesky MOs usually steal the carbs right away before the plant gets it. So overloading at some time could be useful, esp. to those tiny sucker shoots that get light-deprivated. With sugar they swell, too.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

did you give him a 24 hour? bahahahahahaha. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaj

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Mannitol - contained in BB Topmax
Gluose - in dextrose household sugar

Years ago read a study about which forms of sugar can enter the plant via the roots - about all mono- and disaccharids. The molecule just needs to be small. But glucose has the best effect, both on soillife and on the plant itself.
There's been a crude study, stem-injection, it almost doubled soya-bean yield. It's just these pesky MOs usually steal the carbs right away before the plant gets it. So overloading at some time could be useful, esp. to those tiny sucker shoots that get light-deprivated. With sugar they swell, too.
Of the appropriate molecule sizes… molasses if i remember correctly is not a good source in this application also correct?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

did you give him a 24 hour? bahahahahahaha. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaj
No he is gone he can talk to the site owner if he wants back. Been around a while to learn these types of ppl so just cut the cord and save us all some hassle.

There are other forums that tolerate that out there for him. We have a really good and respectful community here and when others see someone acting that way i dont want them seeing that this behaviour is tolerated.

We all get heated , have differing views and beliefs and thats important to have. How boring would this world be if we didn’t, but personal attacks have no place here.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Of the appropriate molecule sizes… molasses if i remember correctly is not a good source in this application also correct?
tbh I don't know what molasses exactly do consists of... I'd expect large poly-saccharids because it takes a long time to dissolve them in water... the BB Grow is based on it but they pre-ferment it to unlock the nutes... so yeah

maybe I can find that study

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

tbh I don't know what molasses exactly do consists of... I'd expect large poly-saccharids because it takes a long time to dissolve them in water... the BB Grow is based on it but they pre-ferment it to unlock the nutes... so yeah

maybe I can find that study
Yeah thats hiw i see it also… can be beneficial if used in teas much more so. Added to the soil its to boom bust and that CAN (not will) create a host of issues. But its all dependent on the dose like anything else

H

hawkman

Yes using molasses in a tea is a faaar better option. That said its still unnecessary other than for a renew or inoculation of the soil.

Remember sulphur is a major precursor but that doesn’t mean more is better. Balance is key
for a soil i "innoculant here aare a few compoaies that offer it Plant Revoluation - Dynomyco and Roots. Since using a soil innoculant my yields have inreased by 25%

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Sulphur is what sweeteners are built around. Potassium sulfate, magnesium sulfate etc etc are all common sweeteners.

My choice would be a source of potassium sulfate.
Trying to find some dosage for dry potassium sulfate.. any info on that, or can you possibly point me in the right direction? I'm running Dyna-Gro ProTekt, Bloom and Mag-Pro, with some Mr Fulvic added in (all at the ratios they recommend). Just finished week 3 and prepping for mid-flower. Thanks!

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Trying to find some dosage for dry potassium sulfate.. any info on that, or can you possibly point me in the right direction? I'm running Dyna-Gro ProTekt, Bloom and Mag-Pro, with some Mr Fulvic added in (all at the ratios they recommend). Just finished week 3 and prepping for mid-flower. Thanks!

1g/gal of potash is 118.5ppm K and 57.6ppm S. How much to add depends on how much K and S you have already been using. Adding more K will not improve your grow, but could cause leaf issues. So if you already have enough K (which is likely) and want more S, there are other ways to do it without using potash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom