Swimming in information and still lost

• Thread starter redog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redog

Slowly I am retaining this info,right now it's all confusion.
Here's the first two ever for me.I scrambled together lights and buckets,pellets,etc... After 8 days I opened the papertowels and these things were 2 inches long at least.I put them in rockwool and then into the buckets.First day under 24 hour T-5 floro growbulbs I figured they would die.I mean the roots were so long I just kind of curled it up and gave it a shot.
Second day,wow I was amazed.Now it's a week and not so sure they will make it.So I have more started and now have two T-12 floro fixtures and a 250 HPS/MH job for later.
What is wrong with this one plant?Looks like it has an extra set of leaves already.Like it's a defect.
The other pic of the normal looking sprout shows how the stem isn't doing too good.Purple and has a spot that looks like two or three layers of stalk are gone.

Ok so enough of that crap,my question for this week is,where does one obtain phosphoric,sulfuric acid used for lowering ph or even potassium hydroxide for ph upping?I've tried Lowe's,phonebook,hobby shops,online.
Blows my mind how much time can be wasted trying to find stuff.
All hydro shops are at least an hour away and think a big jug of sulfuric acid might be cheaper than ph down.
Any ideas?
Read somewhere ya can't get H2O2 anymore in the states.

Swimming in information and still lost
Swimming in information and still lost 2
F

Fear

Got all my hannah Calibration fluids from Amazon I bet it will have what you need there pretty cheap. As for the seeds, I have no idea.

hubcap

hubcap

-hydrogen peroxide is, and always will be, available at your local pharmacy.

-not sure why youd wanna use H2SO4 tho...
plenty other "less harmful" acidic solutions to lower pH.

-seeds? have 25 posts and click the THCBAY link in the header.

R

redog

update

Got some crap from supply today and just did a fluid change on these two buckets.Hadn't really checked any readings during that whole 8-10 days.I did lower the ph once I obtained the stuff.So now i'm running:

Hygrozyme 23 ml
Botanicare Liquid Karma 32 ml
Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow 22 ml per 3 1/2 gallon bucket. ph 5.8. I'll check it in the am and start a couple more.
Oh,the TDS Meter shows 340-350 ppm
and calibration scale was 1332 something er other.
Sure hope they take off.Make a come back.

R

redog

-hydrogen peroxide is, and always will be, available at your local pharmacy.

not sure why youd wanna use H2SO4 tho...
plenty other "less harmful" acidic solutions to lower pH.

H2O2 at more than 3% I would use to clean/scrub buckets.I don't think you can get 30% H2O2 at the pharmacy.
What other less harmful acidic solutions are there?
I've seen posts saying phosphoric and sulfuric do it just fine and others saying "use citric".
Then I found a post saying the reason why some people have trouble with ph is because they are over feeding the plants with too many nutes.

I found an outlet online finally but it may not be cheaper to go w/H2SO4 so tell me please.
Swimming in info and lost. . . . . . .

hubcap

hubcap

well now your getting specific, we like that.
30% solutions arent, indeed, going to be avail at the local pharmacy.
bleach works just fine for the purpose for which you intend, imo. cheap and i KNOW thats widely available.

pH down........

humic/fulvic acids...?
straight up nutes..?
theres a thread around here somewhere where alot of farmers have suggested products for this very application......i know earth juice makes good pH up products, but havent needed the down, the nutes are acidic enough. lemme see if i can scratch up the link.....or, perhaps, another farmer can steer u in the right direction....
im not a water guy, too much work, for me, so hang tight and im sure the water pros will have some products they can suggest for you

in the meantime stay cool and someone, or i, will dig up that link

S

snowkitty

You can order pretty much anything you need off ebay from dealers who sell more than just weed-growing nutes...or from webstores who supply all kinds of stuff...hunt and peck and you'll be surprised who sells what

Latest posts

Top Bottom