Switch from H&G to CANNA A&B nutrients?

• Thread starter splitkooks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
splitkooks

splitkooks

What up all?...
I have, what I will consider, a brain buster...

My supply of COCO A&B from House & Garden just RAN OUT...
I pay attention, so it is no biggie - I have 2x 4Gal's with both my flower and veg mixes....

Sooooo I was wondering if anyone has ADVICE or IDEAS about SWITCHING from H&G to CANNA, A) IN FLOWER (I HAVE 4 THAT ARE ALL ABOUT WEEK 5) , and B) in my baby room (veg)....

Soo? Does anyone know if I can switch midway (both flowering and veg) from House and Garden to CANNA nutrients...?

Would a flush between the different nutrients make a difference?

Do I even need to worry because once I do switch the plant might not even c are?!?!?!

Help please peoples of the internets
:scared0016:

N

northern monsta

hmm i was using canna coco a and b with cannazym and rizotonic i really rate them ALOT then 2 weeks into flower i switch to a all in 1 bloom from ionic and im getting some sweet results so only my opinion and i would say its cool but dont take my word as gospel bro u need some proper info on this 1 some1 will chime in with some advice but i have no probs switching 2 weeks into bloom with a 1 parter hope this helps The Monsta

splitkooks

splitkooks

thanks northern monsta! thats some of the info that I need to know.

i just want to corroborate with anyone whom has switched. results???

consider this a *hmm** bump ;)

info guys & gals??

M

mRgatsby

I was told sowhere that H / G s formulas are based for roses (they only made rose nutes at one point I believe) so that the canna stuff mmight be taylored better to our purpose.

One the other hand the guy also said that the H&G Additives are top notch and very hihgly concetrared.....................

B

Bunny

H&G nutes arnt tailored for roses i dont think, thats what H&G does though they grow roses some of the best in the world. But its not specific. Canna is WAY over-priced no matter how people try to justify it. The same results can be had with a lot of the one-part nutes out there, and are much much more user friendly, WAY cheaper, and are almost always more concentrated. Me and Otto just switched to Floranova bloom, we use 1/2tsp on seeds and cuts, 1tsp for everything in veg, 2tsp for everything in flower thats all per gallon. Thats all we run plants in pots, flood table, Hempy, and DWC all fed the same way with zero problems, NO additives thus far sept sweet here and there. And to make it even better we dont even have to ph balance, thats easy.

And youll be fine just switch to the new nutes, DONT flush that hurts plants. Just start using your new nutes at the same ppm your at now and youll be golden.

bunbun:icon_animal26:

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
THe head bod at H&G used to work for Biobizz and Canna before working at H&G!

H&G is very good, but I have just changed my feed to canna from H&G with no issues what so ever.

J

Jalisco Kid

If you look at the bottle there is not much difference. You could run both formulas through a calculator to look at the profile. JK

F

Fear

Canna and HG are great for coir and are probably about the same, except price. I use aqua flakes a & b I think if I wanted I probably could get away with only using the a & b but of course we all add the rest of the lines additives. The one thing I am glad for is I never have had to deal with any defiencies with HG and I don't have fluctuating pH. My 2cents. Peace and no from my results i would say roses are not the only thing this stuff was designed for.

-Fear

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
HG is a basically a bite off Canna nutes. That was from the horses mouth at our local reputable hydro store:) Just another gimmick out there:)

:passingjoint:

GTD

Kosmo

Kosmo

Ive used Canna for years, and since my shops started carring HnG ive made the switch. 1) cheaper per 5-10liter(atleast here), 2) I use RO water, HnG nutes are perfect for RO water users. 3)Very concentrated, veg & 1st 3 weeks of bloom @ 5.5ml/gallon, & a week or two of 7.5ml/gallon tell flush is all you'll need. 4) deficient free, 5) pH stable.

I just feel i get more for my money with hng. i included both companys feeding charts so you can compare yourself the ml dosages per gallon. go to your shop run the math, witch is the most affordable and economical for your needs. and as far as the formulas being the same, look at the bottles, hng has more potassium. there ingredients arnt even the same. i;ll double check that later tho, n include labels showing..

always like to say, use what u can get or afford. if your shop only carrys canna or visa versa and only carryings hng. like i said above use whats affordable and econimical for yourself. i hate all this company hype this forum seams to go through, cant we all just get along and grow some bud :) -rant off

Cannachart
Hngchart
Z

zoeronerer

house and garden nutes arent a gimmick they have made me a ton of money. but i feel the canna a/b with canna coco and all the other house and garden products is best. if you havent tried roots excel your missing out and the enzyme is the most concentrated on the market as well......but hg a/b has alot of fulvic asid in it compared to canna so i have been told. canna a b just seems more stable from batch to batch.

i have heard this gimmik line out of shop owners who only use one of the two major wholesalers in cali. the one sells canna the other house and g.....shop owners that push advanced sometimes dont sell gh.....same reason they are competition. and some wholesalers dont carry both lines. one is an off shoot of the other just depends. i hear a employe ran with the basic formula from gh and started advanced. who knows

i personally only use guano etc or hg/canna with additives from several other companys.

canna invented coco and coco nutrients other companys have good things to offer as well. experiment use what works.

B

Bunny

Greyskull-"i guess with the results, you get from the cheap shit you cannot afford the little bit more expensive stuff. maybe you should switch?"

Greyskull keep your comment's to yourself, bad rep for stating my opinion of nutrients? Thanks for bad mouthing my closet grow it was kinda little and over TWO MONTHS AGO, SO, Heres my new box set up, first flip tad under 1.5lbs, heres flip two, 28 days in. One 600w, Afford new nutes, LMAO! Trust me it bought more than nutes it bought a nice new Audi. I love know it all's like you makes me laugh. Funniest part my H&G nutes are right next to my Canna nutes gathering dust, shoulda saved my money and bought some cleaning supplies!!!! Maybe YOU have no idea what the hell your talking about. $56.74 for Gen hydro nutes that last me over three runs,$119.27 for Canna nutes last one run, or right at $221.12 for H&G for one run??? Those are actual receipt totals. Hmmmm.

-bunbun:icon_animal26:

B

BamBamEh

those are some really nice plants bunny. /nosarcas.. however make comparisons to some of the other ops just on THIS forum alone. zoolander has a very effective grow op and i know he's doing something a little different from you but using the canna coco nutes. im all about saving unnecessary expenditures but an optimum yield sounds sexy. no offense whatsoever. im a novice grower so i cant talk smack but simply observing is beneficial even for the most advanced of growers.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Im amazed when someone get 1.5 lbs under a 600w with no hydro no Co2? Thats double what I get.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have ran both pretty much to the hilt, both do almost the exact same thing, I prefer the H&G myself because I had consistantly better results with it over Canna and AN. Yield is insane..AN comes close.

No aitstones in Canna or H&G it screws your ph all to hell, that is why I can't run in my new systems at all.

If my memory serves, the chief chemist scientist guy left Canna and went and started H&G so the nutes are basically coming from the same brain trust.

I still like Empire Organics coco over Canna by far..even though I don't use either one anymore.

Tex

J

Joe Blow

I'm using the HnG line for the first time in my hydro grow. 3gal smart pots with a local companies soilless mix. It's 35% perlite/65% coco. I'm shocked at how well these nutes work. I've tried GH, Super Natural, BioBizz, Meta Naturals, and plenty of others that have slipped my mind. Nothing has ever performed like HnG. I'm doing my week 6 rez change tomorrow night. The strain is shishkaberry. Things are already totally flopped over and staked up and we got another 2-4 weeks to go. So I must say I wouldn't give up on HnG just because a local shop quit selling it. Not your fault the shop owner is a tool. :D

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Canna is making a big US push right now, signing exclusives with regional chains all over the US, I talked with the Canna rep the other day that is making the rounds all over the place. The retailers are all giving preferintial shelf space and store placement as well as employee endorsements to help launch this latest push. They make killer stuff, I use the PK13/14 and Rhizo every once in awhile still.

H&G, I pulled 3.25lbs off of 16 plants om a 3x3 ebb&flow table with 1200w above all in a 9 sq.ft.....WAPOW!!!! Followed the feeding chart to the T..runnin it now again in my Waterfarms.

Tex

Latest posts

Top Bottom