Switching a mother to flower

• Thread starter Xhale
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xhale

Xhale

Hi my friends,

I have taken over a dozen cuttings from this 1year old mom. She is a seed from Mothi Bhen X Blueberrry Widow maybe 8 are flowering beautifully right now:) However, I need to make space for a new batch of mothers that have just germinated. This mother must go down in a blaze of glory! How do you suggest that I prune her. She was mostly inside getting sunlight through the open door+widow and on CFL at night, and she’s been placed outside (autumn here) for about a week. Her stems are grown stronger in the wind and the pre-flowers are starting to show. Now, I know that I must prune her. Please advise!

Mothi Bhen = this bag weed from 2017 that was probably Jack Herer. This seed is maybe 3rd generation since then. The pollen donors have been my northern lights or Golden Nugget from MSNL seeds.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/day-131-should-i-harvest.95086/

my new baby mothers are:
- GSC
- Cali O
- ZkittleZ
from Nirvana (thank you to the South AFrican supplier)

thanks for the advice
xhale

Xhale

Xhale

Ok, thanks. So should i look to prune when the buds approach this size?

This is a cutting taken from her in Jan. The pic was taken last week, and she’s much bigger now:)

Xhale

Xhale

So I couldn’t sit still and buried this mother. The hole is a site of my previous kitchen waste dump (bakoshi system). Hope I didn’t prune the roots too much when I pulled her out of the bag!

my shoe in the pic is about 35cm;)

D4C8434D 5251 4359 9491 2119AD76F616
Xhale

Xhale

Hi all,

it’s about 2 weeks later, and this ex-mom is now looking happy. She declined quite a bit in the first few days then stabilized and is now healthy :) This video was taken on the 7 April. And she’s happier today!

so, back to my question, what should I prune? I don’t usually prune the plants that are in the ground, just those in pots. What do you think?

thanks
Xhale

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Indoors, defoliation in pots is important for yield and a little health. Outdoors, it more important for health than yield. But both will give you more bud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom