Switching Autoflowers mid grow from Coco pots to hydro

• Thread starter Hortical.Don
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hortical.Don

Hi all,

New here, got a quick question hopefully someone can answer..

I'm about 3/4 weeks into my first grow, at the moment I've got (x9) Autoflowers growing nicely in fabric pots of Coco/Perlite. Using Canna Coco Nutes.

They are coming along nicely, problem im faced with in New year is I'm going away for 4 nights (3rd Jan - 7th Jan) and I've got no one suitable to water my plants. I know Coco should really be watered daily at least, so it doesn't dry out.

My next grow I was planning on getting a Origin/Atami Wilma dripper system. I'm thinking I may get one now so I can ensure my plants are staying hydrated during my absence.

My question is, can I safely transplant my existing crop into the hydro pots? Is there a specific point during the grow I should avoid doing this? I'd like to wait till after Xmas to buy the stuff but I'm afraid the grow might be too far along.

I would try and use the same Coco it's already growing in and simply swap the pots over and fill the hydro system with the same nutes combo/quantities I'm currently watering with.

Is this possible, can it be done without sacrificing yield etc, will they survive?

Am I better off flushing before adding nutes in the hydro system or just carry on as I've been doing?

Thanks in advance, also, if any of you have any better suggestions I'm all ears. I don't really want to buy a dripper system I can use with my current set up as next grow I'll be buying the Wilma system regardless so I'd rather not have 2 expenses if I can avoid it.

Cheers guys!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

They won't like it, grow your autos in dirt and don't transplant, preferably fox farm ocean forest add about 20% chunk perlite and make shure you have good drainage, this time of year is dry with low rh and electric heat so they will grow a bit slower, the less you use the better all I give them is a bit of botanacare pro grow and Atami Bloombastic, here is a Pic of a dark devel auto I just started to flower, in a month or so grow conditions will improve, in meantime you just want to keep them wet and healthy.

Top Bottom