Switching crop outdoors in the middle of flowering?

• Thread starter sheckyL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sheckyL

I grow in a converted garden shed, and I usually finish up indoor crops by the first day of summer because that’s when the heat starts here in LA. This year I am running late by a few weeks, and the last crop will likely not be done until mid-July at the earliest. I am thinking about moving the plants outside to finish and save on the electricity bills.

Indoors:
12 hrs; 8 PM - 8 AM

Outdoors
Daylight: 14.5 hrs 5:40 AM - 8:10 AM
Direct light: ~10 hrs 8 AM - 6 PM
Sun is pretty intense this time of year, 10-4

The things that worry me:
1. Switch from night hours to day hours, so either a full day of light or full day of dark on the transition.
2. More hours of daylight outside than inside (though direct light is fewer hours)

I’ve done this before at transition with good results, but never in the middle of flowering like this. Has anyone tried this before? Thanks.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It takes about 10-14 days after switching to veg lighting for a plant to start showing reveg growth. If you put them out there, harvesting within that window would keep you safe.

S

sheckyL

It takes about 10-14 days after switching to veg lighting for a plant to start showing reveg growth. If you put them out there, harvesting within that window would keep you safe.
Thanks.I guess I’ll just eat the costs

Top Bottom