Systemic Anti-Pest Regiment for the UC?

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

I'm looking for a good systemic formula to add to my current regiment to kill all the bugs that can cause major harm in the UC - notably those affecting the ROOTS.

Currently using:

RES:
GH expert regiment
EWC Microbe Tea @ 1 cup/10 gallons every 3 days

FOLIAR:
Captain Jack's Deadbug (spinosad)
Neem Oil Foliar and sprayed on the hydroton

Swing PH 5.4-6.4

Thank you for your insight!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Anything other than neem would likely kill your bennies me thinks. Neem is systemic so if sprayed on the leaves your set. I think most of the gang use a sterile environmental with the UC. I have run H2O2 and Zone and never had an issue, I also run at 62 degrees which discourages any root born pathogens from living there (too cold I guess)

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Bayer tree and shrub is what I use, it works great with no bad effect, but yea I do run sterile..

smokie

smokie

i have only had fungas gnats invade me once in the uc and i just used regular doseage of zone and filled up beer pitchers of 2ml per gal zone and poored very thoroughly over the hydroton, like flushing whatever was in there into the water into the uc with the zone.

Got a garden sprayer and filled it with the same mix and sprayed under the lids where them busters were hidin also and the walls of the uc and flush the system,

Then i would just repeat the hydroton flush every few days for about 2 weeks and all was good

Yellow sticky cards help trap and they also act as a monitor for you.
If you see stuff on the cards then you know you might have to do some further investigating

Main part is finding the source of the problem though, putting out fires like this sucks and takes alot more of your time

If your running teas you could flush your plants with Gnatrol or maybe Caps bennies i heard his stuff puts the beat down on larvae, i have never used it personally. Someday i want to give it a try.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Here is the best GH profile, (this is a rock wool/coco profile, just use the same ratio for the UC not the same amount.

5 ml cal-mag
5 ml micro
5 ml grow
8 ml bloom
1/g epsom

GH

BTW i think the bennies are a HUGE mistake.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Here is the best GH profile, (this is a rock wool/coco profile, just use the same ratio for the UC not the same amount.

5 ml cal-mag
5 ml micro
5 ml grow
8 ml bloom
1/g epsom

View attachment 265770

BTW i think the bennies are a HUGE mistake.

Wow, thanks for the GH profile. How many weeks of flower do you use the above profile for?

Why are you averse to the bennies? We use EWC Tea and/or Quantum Light.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Bayer tree and shrub is what I use, it works great with no bad effect, but yea I do run sterile..

We create a dunk bucket with 5ml/gallon Bayer for root aphids. Considering using Bayer 3 in 1 as a foliar.

What concentration do you use?

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Anything other than neem would likely kill your bennies me thinks. Neem is systemic so if sprayed on the leaves your set. I think most of the gang use a sterile environmental with the UC. I have run H2O2 and Zone and never had an issue, I also run at 62 degrees which discourages any root born pathogens from living there (too cold I guess)

How did you decide on 62 degrees? We run at 68.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Death to bad bugs

AzaMax

Botanical Insecticide, Miticide, and Nematicide

AzaMax is a natural product with a broad spectrum of pest control and broad plant applications. AzaMax is made from special Azadirachtin Technical extracted using patented extraction technology from Neem, a tree known for it’s innumerable benefits. AzaMax contains Azadirachtin A&B as active ingredients and more than 100 limonoids from it’s special technology. The special feature of AzaMax is that it does not use hard chemical solvents and uses food grade formulation ingredients. AzaMax is licensed in all 50 states.
AzaMax is an antifeedant and insect growth regulator and controls pests through starvation and growth disruption. AzaMax effectively controls spider mites, thrips, fungus gnats, aphids, whiteflies, leaf miners, worms, beetles, leafhoppers, scales, mealy bugs, nematodes and other soil borne pests. Best of all, AzaMax can be applied up to the time or day of harvest. The product is exempted from residue tolerance, thus there is no harmful residue on veggies, fruits, herbs and flowers etc. Truly, AzaMax is a product of Nature in tune with Technology.
Lable and directions

Top Bottom