T-5 question

• Thread starter ridgedog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ridgedog

Just switched over to 400w t-5's in my veg room from cmh. The plants almost instantly looked healthier. More like an outdoor plant. My question is how far above the plants should the light be. At the moment it's about 18". The plants are doing great but the nodes are much closer together than they were with the cmh. Not stretching at all.Thanks

R

Rural_GrowOp

Thats a good problem to have bro. I like to keep mine about 4 inches above the canopy. The tighter your node spacing the better.

S

Small Potatoes

I maintain my mother plants under two foot T5's. I keep the bulbs about 6 inches away from the tops of the plants. If you are not looking for fast growth, keeping them about 9 inches away is ok. Much further than 9 inches and you may see a lot of stretch.

Small P

I

irie

Yea, any closer than about 9 inches and they might burn. Mine are only inches away from the T5s and the leaves are burning.

D

diesel

hmm i wonder why u get burn,.. t5s run pretty cool compared to metal halides

peace

O

Old Yeller

I run T5's in my veg room & in my flower tent. I keep them about 4" to 12" above the tops of the plants. T5's will scortch the top of any plant that grows into them - i mean, touch the bulbs & see how hot they can get. The ballasts are usually located at the sides if the fixtures, so it's the bulbs that will toast a plant that grows up into them. In veg be sure to check the stretchier strains every day.

R

ridgedog

Thanks ,it's nice to have some idea about distance. Guess I'll drop it down a little.

D

donniedarko

I maintain my mother plants under two foot T5's. I keep the bulbs about 6 inches away from the tops of the plants. If you are not looking for fast growth, keeping them about 9 inches away is ok. Much further than 9 inches and you may see a lot of stretch.

Small P

how often/what strength do you feed your mothers with... lets say i just want to keep a mother for the time being...

M

Married2Mary

Premium Member
Supporter
Here's a question for you guys... How many plant's can you veg under 400w's of T5 vs 400w's of MH and for how long can you veg under both of them??

Don't get me wrong I've got a 4ft 4 bulb set up just for germing and clones.. I personaly prefer MH for veg but I'm using 1k's...

Top Bottom