T5 Lights For Seedlings

• Thread starter Fuckinup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fuckinup

So I'm planning to start off my seedling(s) indoor and then plant outdoors. I was thinking about a t5 light. My questions are the following, what is the optimal/minimum wattage for a seedling plants (In the first 2 week) and should i set up an air circulation system.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I keep the t-5 tubes 10-12” from the top of the seedlings and a fan blowing above them between the lamp and plants is fine for air circulation.

You need as many tubes as will cover the seedling area. Plants need to be directly under flourescents. So a 2x2 foot t-5 lamp covers only 2x2.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
6DE2816D F13C 4C51 B570 04655D74671D
E8CCB414 7821 4DB3 B5A7 CDFAFECE11F2

Here’s a couple images that show how I roll. As the plants get taller I let them get closer to the lights. I put my small plants on raised platforms so they stay short and don’t stretch out too much. The plant in the cup with the makeshift dome is a freshly rooted clone. I do this while the roots are developing so it doesn’t dry out too much. Usually just a day or two and then I remove the dome and let her grow.

There’s a fan off to the left you can’t see that blows over the tops of the plants to keep the heat of the T-5 off them and thickens the stalks as they get ready for the flowering chamber.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

View attachment 854675 View attachment 854676

Here’s a couple images that show how I roll. As the plants get taller I let them get closer to the lights. I put my small plants on raised platforms so they stay short and don’t stretch out too much. The plant in the cup with the makeshift dome is a freshly rooted clone. I do this while the roots are developing so it doesn’t dry out too much. Usually just a day or two and then I remove the dome and let her grow.

There’s a fan off to the left you can’t see that blows over the tops of the plants to keep the heat of the T-5 off them and thickens the stalks as they get ready for the flowering chamber.

Very nice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom