t5 micro cab continued

• Thread starter Dodge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dodge

Dodge

@Smoking Gun Hey buddy thanks for the info. I will surely benefit from the advice given. Some pruning is in order, good call. Its funny how easy it is to overlook the obvious. If I am able to finish this initial grow I will get some better gear no doubt. I have hesitated to jump in head first.

@OctoberDee Gracias amigo. It sounds like I should be able to cull males without incident. Hey I've been following your window grow. Buds looks frosty! If I remember correctly (and I often don't), you actually show a full grown male in your thread. What great use of space!!

Thanks again for the feedback.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Yeah looking nice, you got time on the males!
Good luck, mine was bad I got 4 males out of 5, but was one for one on the superskunk though!

little nuts!
DSCF21921.JPG

Dodge

Dodge

Day 43, 12/12

Buenos Dias,

I had my mind set on just running the lights that I had based on stuff I had read. I got some good advice here at the farm and decided to dump another 30 bucks into the operation. What did I get for another 30 bucks, you ask? I got four 24w 6500k CFLs putting out 1610 lumens each, lamp socket plug adapters, and an extension cord that has two plugs. Hell I spent most of my life ignoring good advice, so I tend to listen a little more these days. I'm glad I did. The 6500k light changes the whole look of the light in the box and the plants look more natural. It is super bright in that box, the camera does not do the lights justice, shit is bright. The autoflower is doing well. The company that I got the seeds from threw the auto in for free and I'm really glad they did. It's making the process more interesting. It also goes off way faster so rookies don't have to worry about getting seeds in it. On a side not I just flipped and I'm curious as to how that will affect the auto. It was already in full flower on 18/6. Do you think that the flip will initiate a second phase of flowering. The plant still has some regular genetics and I was thinking that the light change may release hormones that can set off a secondary phase of flowering. Oh, I did away with the pots lifting up the plants because they are getting so big. I also modified the air intake to accommodate the new heat generated from a few more lights. Here's a few pics!

IMG 20120122 084545
IMG 20120122 084500
IMG 20120122 084219
BrianDirt

BrianDirt

More lights are good and with those you could even use them as side lighting when the plants get tall. As for the auto I would not think it will change since it is programed to flower at a point. Now it is getting less light so less energy to convert, so it could slow down a bit.

Looks like you are getting close to finding out, and it may only take a few days to see the rest of the ladies!

Dodge

Dodge

Day 51, 12/12

Yo,

Have been in full flower mode for about two weeks now. I was able to determine the sex of the brick babies and went one for one. The one that was super stout and I thought was a male, turned out to be female. She's a good specimen. The Tangerine Dream was fem and has just started showing as well and, of course, the auto is way ahead of the pack. The LST'ing is saving my ass right now. Thanx farm!! Here some pics, the last one is the male. R.I.P buddy.

IMG 20120129 083035
IMG 20120129 083218
IMG 20120129 083211
IMG 20120126 161038
Dodge

Dodge

Day 53, 12/12 LST Results

Hey..

Just wanted to show the results of some LST. My skillz are primitive, but learning this simple technique saved my ass. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just take an hour or two and do some reading. You'll be glad you did. The last picture is of the Tangerine Dream. I was not able to wrap it all the way around the pot, but even so, I still took 8 to 10 inches out of the overall height. Vital space in this environment.

IMG 20120131 082314
IMG 20120131 082224
IMG 20120131 082249
BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Looking really good! Healthy looking plants and happy too. Did you break any branches doing the LST?

philly kush

philly kush

Yo Dodge girls lookin good! I dig the lil setup cant wait ta c the harvest pix Goodluck with the rest of the grow

Dodge

Dodge

Looking really good! Healthy looking plants and happy too. Did you break any branches doing the LST?

Hey Bdirt... ummm yeah I broke some but cannabis is strong bro, as you know.
It's cool to see how the plant can be shaped any way you want.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Really nice LST, what are you using to hold down the branches. It looks like white string, I tried string but it wasn't strong enough so I ended up using wire ties. I like how yours came out. Honestly my last grow was my first attempt at LST but the results were pretty good. Props to you tho, your LST is looking way better than mine does.

Dodge

Dodge

Really nice LST, what are you using to hold down the branches. It looks like white string, I tried string but it wasn't strong enough so I ended up using wire ties. I like how yours came out. Honestly my last grow was my first attempt at LST but the results were pretty good. Props to you tho, your LST is looking way better than mine does.

Hey Buddy,

Thanx man.... what is holding the plant down are ten inch pieces of metal coat hangers cut and then bent into a U shape and pushed into the soil over the stem. The plant is strong and has actually pulled the stake up an inch or so over the course of it's short life. My only advice: just don't worry excessively when training the plants. Yeah the plants look like they are struggling each time you add a stake or change it's position, but just remember they will be fully reoriented back towards the light in 72 hrs or so.... and ready for more.... on a side note I realized the best thing to use would be copper wire (like the thick sort used to wire buildings) so no corrosion. Didn't you just cut one... how's that going? Have you dried/cured before? The La Diva of mine will mature soon, so now I have many new ????'s

D

dirtyjerm

If you mind me asking where did you get that piece of furniture? I've been looking for exactly what you have.
Any help appreciated tired of this tent
Thanks

W

wanderingwobble

looking good bro! my lst looks basically just like yours. i just usually top em at the 6th or 7th node, and start like a week or two later. then you got at least two main branches to train, usually 5 or 6. lookin really good though bro

Dodge

Dodge

If you mind me asking where did you get that piece of furniture? I've been looking for exactly what you have.
Any help appreciated tired of this tent
Thanks

It was either Home Depot or Lowes... they have many diff types of unfinished cab's.

Dodge

Dodge

Day 58, 12/12 (3wks)

Hey,

Man that brick baby sure has turned out to be a good plant. I never took a cutting of this plant and now I wish I had. Who knows the smoke may suck in the end, but the brickweed is actually good when you sort all the sticks and seeds and misc. crap. The flowers are really starting to bloom. The brick baby is most certainly a sativa dominant strain and the buds are starting a little different than the La Diva auto, which I'm pretty sure is indica dominant. The Tangerine Dream is also doing well. It is known to be a slow flowering type and I am seeing this myself as the flowers on this plant are just barely forming. I am thankful.. her are some pics.. the first two are the brick baby, then the Tan Dream, then the La Diva auto.

IMG 20120205 091712
IMG 20120205 091512
IMG 20120205 091826
IMG 20120205 091756
IMG 20120205 091801
BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Yeah good looking plants healthy and happy, how far along was the Auto did you say? I see just a few dark hairs.

Dodge

Dodge

Day 64, 12/12

Whattup,

Well I chopped down the La Diva auto this morning and am pleased with the way she turned out. It is nice to take credit for the work of nature. I just added time, a little water and a basic garden store fert mix... and viola. I have completed this T5 micro cab thread. This will be the last post as far any updates go.

My intent with this thread was to explore growing with t5/CFL in a compact micro environment. I have often wondered... now I know. I am actually surprised with the results. I have concluded that t5/CFL are just fine for compact micro grows and are a perfect way to learn and cultivate. I wish I had done this sooner. These last pics are the La Diva just before chop. I'll put pics of the brick baby and the Tangerine Dream in the photo section for anyone interested. Thanx THC Farmer! Game Over!!!

IMG 20120211 082226
IMG 20120211 082209
IMG 20120211 082134

Latest posts

Top Bottom