T5HO soil run close to chop

• Thread starter ApothicAcres
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ApothicAcres

Haven’t grown in years, first time back after over 10 years doing it solo. Getting towards the end of my t5 run. Had to pick bananas off em but I think they turned out nicely, even if they are some seeds in the buds. Gonna prevent stress way more next run. Thinking scrog or atleast a trellis net for support next round will help with the floppers. Any comments or questions are welcomed.

T5ho soil run close to chop
T5ho soil run close to chop 2
T5ho soil run close to chop 3
T5ho soil run close to chop 4
T5ho soil run close to chop 5
T5ho soil run close to chop 6
T5ho soil run close to chop 7
T5ho soil run close to chop 8
T5ho soil run close to chop 9
T5ho soil run close to chop 10
T5ho soil run close to chop 11
T5ho soil run close to chop 12
T5ho soil run close to chop 13
T5ho soil run close to chop 14
T5ho soil run close to chop 15
Z

Zill

Hey APothic,

Curious, will you collect those seeds for next years crop? More than likely they will be female.

Zill.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Haven’t grown in years, first time back after over 10 years doing it solo. Getting towards the end of my t5 run. Had to pick bananas off em but I think they turned out nicely, even if they are some seeds in the buds. Gonna prevent stress way more next run. Thinking scrog or atleast a trellis net for support next round will help with the floppers. Any comments or questions are welcomed.
That's impressive growth out of just t5 lights, I veg with them but I didn't think there would be enough penetration or lux to do much in the way of bud growth........you've proved it can be done...nice job😄 Are they are the full spectrum or have you mixed blues and reds in there with them? I'm finding 4ft T5's hard to replace, it took me a month of ordering and them not showing up and they are out of stock it seems everywhere I've look....here in Canada.

A

ApothicAcres

Hey APothic,

Curious, will you collect those seeds for next years crop? More than likely they will be female.

Zill.
Yes I had already planned to do so. I also had selected a couple branches off of each plant to do a bit of experimental cross breeding/pollen chucking with(Mexican Sativa male). Obviously those branches will be producing regular seeds. Ive also got a true herm in a seperate room with the male getting window light. Will be using those true herm seeds to giveaway and sow wildly.

Z

Zill

The Gregor Mendel of the cannabis world. Pretty cool. I suppose if you developed a really unique strain you could sell it seed houses. Getting more identical seed from a plant you grow from an occasional female seed is the crap shoot. Correct?

A

ApothicAcres

That's impressive growth out of just t5 lights, I veg with them but I didn't think there would be enough penetration or lux to do much in the way of bud growth........you've proved it can be done...nice job😄 Are they are the full spectrum or have you mixed blues and reds in there with them? I'm finding 4ft T5's hard to replace, it took me a month of ordering and them not showing up and they are out of stock it seems everywhere I've look....here in Canada.
To get as close as possible to the lumen output and light penetration everyone is looking for, I veg with all 6500k blue bulbs, then as soon as I flip to flower I switch out 6 bulbs for the warm 2700k bulbs at a ratio of 6 2700k bulbs to 2 6400k bulbs. I put 2 2700k in a row then 1 6400k. Seems to be a good mix in the spectrum, plus adding those 2 extra blue bulbs seems to put the lumen output just a hair below 40,000 lumens. Keeping a wide even canopy like for scrog is key for the light drop off rate otherwise sog is also efficient. This will definitely do if no pricey LED is available!

A

ApothicAcres

The Gregor Mendel of the cannabis world. Pretty cool. I suppose if you developed a really unique strain you could sell it seed houses. Getting more identical seed from a plant you grow from an occasional female seed is the crap shoot. Correct

The Gregor Mendel of the cannabis world. Pretty cool. I suppose if you developed a really unique strain you could sell it seed houses. Getting more identical seed from a plant you grow from an occasional female seed is the crap shoot. Correct?
Haha, well I'd like to think I'm doing Mendel's work. All this is just a way to make myself independent from the capitalism they are imposing on cannabis. But if I do come out with something unique and want to stabalize the genetics, Im not even sure how I would go about marketing it haha. Im just some cat that got mixed up with legacy growers years back and hooked on this growing thing. Yea from what I understand you would have to grow out a bunch of phenotypes, choose the ones with the strongest desirable traits, take clones, flower out the original pheno plant, then keep the clones from the plant that had the best bud. Now getting that phenotype stabalized and back into seed form, possibly feminized, I have no idea how to go about.

Z

Zill

Pretty cool quandary you find yourself in. Nice work. Agree 100% on the greed part. At every turn, taking advantage of folks taking on a relatively difficult hobby. Don't forget BS baffles brains every time.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
To get as close as possible to the lumen output and light penetration everyone is looking for, I veg with all 6500k blue bulbs, then as soon as I flip to flower I switch out 6 bulbs for the warm 2700k bulbs at a ratio of 6 2700k bulbs to 2 6400k bulbs. I put 2 2700k in a row then 1 6400k. Seems to be a good mix in the spectrum, plus adding those 2 extra blue bulbs seems to put the lumen output just a hair below 40,000 lumens. Keeping a wide even canopy like for scrog is key for the light drop off rate otherwise sog is also efficient. This will definitely do if no pricey LED is available!
I have only 2 blue left and 6 full spectrum 6400k. They're getting too expensive too replace and they're hard to come by. I picked up an SF600 for $85, 5 year warranty, the replacement 5-T5's I ordered were $115 and the guy took my money and disappeared, I had to get my card company fraud squad on it.. I located them elsewhere for $75 but they'll only last 8 months. I like the warmth they put out and the growth I get from them but they're over priced and I may have to switch to led only.

A

ApothicAcres

Gotta be careful with these scams nowadays. Over here LED is still more expensive than t5

A

ApothicAcres

we should buy you a case and mail it.
A case? Whatever it is I could always use free gear and upgrades, always much appreciated especially trying to get back in the game

Z

Zill

If I may….what general region on this planet do you inhabit ?

Top Bottom