Tacking cuts from flowering plants

• Thread starter Tolpan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tolpan

Got some plants that started showing sex some days ago, they look nice and I'd like to take some clones, perhaps I find a keeper!
I never took cuts from flowering plants, so will it root?
Or should I take them inside under 18/6 for one or two weeks, before taking cuts?
Or just let here flower and reveg?

Tolpan

R

rounders02

what up Tolpan, yup they will root...but it will just i would nottakeany cuts off a plant that been in flower for more a week mayb eeven 2weeks at most, anything in flower after a couple weeks can be reveged but take in mind it will take a long while. Rounders

S

Stackin Paper

You can take cuts with up to 2-3 weeks of them finishing flowering, they will take a lil while longer to root but they will root and if you didn't back up the genetics then why the fuck not eh?

yts farmer

yts farmer

ive taken cuts at 3 weeks flower and i find that they root no problem the only thing i did notice is it took them a couple of weeks to revert back to veg growth.

A

adam

in my experience is that some strains root faster a few weeks into flower then they do in veg. sounds crazy but chimeras gfxbb is like that. when i take a cut from flower i try to leave just a few leaves on not too much extra stuff. just yesterday one of my clones i took from flower has roots coming from the bottom and from the top of the plant very strange.but i had cut that top and dipped the whole plant in rooting gel so thats my explaniation. maybe later i will post the pic of that clone with roots coming from top and bottom

steveedg

steveedg

yeah taking a few cuts should be no problem a couple of weeks into flower not sure about after 3 weeks though as i haven't left it that late before

T

Tolpan

Thanks brothas! I took 2 cuts of every plant.

I'll let ya know!

Tolpan

Top Bottom