Taco Effect??

• Thread starter Buttercup726
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrknowsbuds

Mrknowsbuds

Ever hear the phrase “praying for magnesium “? I didn’t read past the first page cuz I didn’t see any more pics afte requests...but if it’s from top to bottom, and specific to only one strain or plant, it’s not light, heat, or humidity. It’s in ur nutes. Been my experience that anyone concerned with environment before nutes is too caught up in that crazy VPD chart bulogna. I’d say cut back 50% on nutes as noted earlier and go from there. And remember, even off a batch of clones from the same mother, there will be differences in how each and every one will react to the cycle. After cloning for over 20 years off of clone after clone, I have seen plenty of differences in every strain I have. It’s an amazing plant, it’s a weed, literally. But given some good lovin’ it can be the best damned weed on this earth. Now I’m not sayin environment is not something to think about...but just that if u have had ur grow room for any significant amount of time, the “environment” should be set to go. Unless ur going to introduce a strain that is breed in a totally opposite type of environment, ur plants should do just fine. And just the one strain doing it should be enough prof to show that it is not the environment at all...are the other plants immune to that environment? Doubtful. More likely the suffering plants just have a little different “want” for nutes. Looks to me like u need to add a little more magnesium to that strain tho. Not all weeds want the same nutes, light, temps, or humidity...but...in time...they will all adapt to the environment they are set in. It may take years, but it’s good times the whole way thru, a good learning experience, and in the end the weed will pretty much grow itself, all u gotta do is transplant and clone....oh, and flip the light cycle ;)

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Your really over thinking it man. GG4 is a hardy plant and isnt effected by alot and takes some abuse. It's a humidity issue, I just corrected this samething last week. I've dealt with this many times now. You say your humidity is above 50% is that lights on or off? If your lights off is in 60% this is your issue and your also running really cool temps. Up the day and night time temps. Keep the root zone warmer. 60s temps is only good for the last week or so of flower. Maybe the switch to HPS stressed them a little if it's not humidity but doubtful. Just dont start dumping nutes at your plants because that's not the issue. Happy growing

Last edited:
E

ehGrowGreen

Did this ever get figured out? I ran into a similar issue at one of my grows due to light intensity going from CMH 18/6 to HPS 24/7 (Which was a mistake), and also into super low humidity. A recipe for disaster for sure. Still have some plants showing it but 90% have corrected themselves with proper humidity as well as getting my lights back to 18/6 .

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Just my .02 cents but I have been using Emerald Harvest line for a few years now, and I will say, it IS geared for hydroponics use and if you go by their charts to the letter, you will probably burn up your plants or cause lockout. I usually lower the nutrient amounts listed on their charts by 25% for hydro and at least 50% for soil. It is very potent stuff. In my soil grows I also alternate water for nutes every other time, because this stuff is so strong it will build up over time if you feed every time you water.

Can you tell me exactly what EH products you are using, and how much? I might have some advice for ya. Though your issues appear to be mostly temp and humidity issues.

Also, try a foliar spray mix 1 gallon water with 1 tsp. epsom salt and a wetting agent. The only EH product I don't use is their Calmag. Never needed it.

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plants look like they have been overfed. My temps and humidity can be all over the place, but I've never had an issue like that. Often Nitrogen toxicity will cause a wilting or a burn along the leaf edge, but I'm not seeing this. Could it be too much Potassium or Phosphorus? Some of the pre packaged growing mediums are pretty heavy on nutrients, and any added nutrients will compound the problem. I know this post is older and the answer to the problem was never revealed, but I still think it has been over-nuted. IMHO

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

Did this ever get figured out? I ran into a similar issue at one of my grows due to light intensity going from CMH 18/6 to HPS 24/7 (Which was a mistake), and also into super low humidity. A recipe for disaster for sure. Still have some plants showing it but 90% have corrected themselves with proper humidity as well as getting my lights back to 18/6 .

Whenever tranistioning from MH to HPS, try raise your HPS as high as possible and lower the watts a considerable amount. I vegged some GSC under some MH and put them in flower under HPS and it took them a full two weeks to adjust. They were so beautiful and it looked like they got hit by bus the second day under HPS. Keep your humidity a little higher than normal to.

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

I ended up giving them two hard flushes about three days apart. They seemed to correct themselves for the most part. I’m leaning towards a ph/nutrient lock out. I’m still a few weeks out but they look nice and chunky. A lot of the tacoing corrected itself. I spent money on scopes to check for russets and spent hours scanning leaves. No sign of them. No brown pistols. They are big and luscious.

For EH, I use the A and B with goddess and honey comb. I also use cal mag some bennies and hydroguard.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Whenever tranistioning from MH to HPS, try raise your HPS as high as possible and lower the watts a considerable amount. I vegged some GSC under some MH and put them in flower under HPS and it took them a full two weeks to adjust. They were so beautiful and it looked like they got hit by bus the second day under HPS. Keep your humidity a little higher than normal to.
I use MH until flowering, then switch over to HPS during the transition time. I have never had any type of problems when switching between different light sources unless I put them too close and got some heat damage. Even going from 18/6 to 24/0 while switching between a MH and a HPS shouldn't matter much unless the wattages are different. It can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to begin showing Pistils, but most take a little less than that but will have a growth spurt, or "Stretch" prior to showing flowers or Pistils.

Top Bottom