Taco/tips up/dried up leafs, sad girl needs your help!

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

White widow & Glueberry OG week 6

noticed this a week ago, taco leaf curl. Tips curling like skis. Very dry leaf structure.
growth has seemed to slow down.

been dealing with PM, sprayed a couple of times with lost coast.
hairs Went red and leafs curled like this.

Same day I sprayed I also played with my PH putting in a lower than normal PH to try and get my PH at the rootball lower.

lights have been moved up, changed nothing

was this a mistake to play with PH when I’ve had no issues like this my whole grow?
Was this a result of using the PM spray? ( “haven’t had this result in the past).

Any ideas? :(

Tacotips updried up leafs sad girl needs your help
Tacotips updried up leafs sad girl needs your help 2
Tacotips updried up leafs sad girl needs your help 3
Tacotips updried up leafs sad girl needs your help 4
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

You may be suffering from "Broad Mites" my friend. I had this same problem just over a year ago, and it spread to my other plants in the tent in my last few weeks of flower. Leafs seemed crispy and actually cracked when touched. It was a struggle yo finish, but have a look here and see if your symptoms match, and do what you need to do 👍

Blakeja

Blakeja

You may be suffering from "Broad Mites" my friend. I had this same problem just over a year ago, and it spread to my other plants in the tent in my last few weeks of flower. Leafs seemed crispy and actually cracked when touched. It was a struggle yo finish, but have a look here and see if your symptoms match, and do what you need to do 👍

Thanks for your feedback! I don’t have much of the symptoms shown in this article. Also the spray I was using for PM kills all mites.

🎅🏻

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

+1 First impression is mites, check carefully under leaves with magnification

Blakeja

Blakeja

+1 First impression is mites, check carefully under leaves with magnification

Just had a look with 60/90X, had a bad run with mites awhile ago so knew to look under my leafs already but saw nothing.
After both comments I had to double check.
Thanks for mentioning.
🎅🏻

Madmax

Madmax

I had similar.i overfed and light intensity was making them tacoe and tip bent up like skis .leaf very dry to touch.my fan was going extra too to get the temp down and humidity was as low as 35 -39 for weeks on light on.maybe that played apart aswell..

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Though I initially thought broad mites, it may have been a bit hasty....sorry. I should have, and now I have, gone back and looked again through my notes on the issues I was having about 1.5 years back, and from my notes my issues were during my hot, humid months in the summer of 2019 when I was in my 7th week of flower on a 10-12 week flower period. Plant was doing well until outside temps and humidity soared and remained like this for almost a month while I tried to finish as my venting system was an "OPEN" grow system Air coming in from outside and being exhausted to the outside , and I struggled to finish, and yes it affected my yield having to take it down 2 days short of 10 weeks
Your issues look the same as mine were: taco leaves near the top first, then looking waxy, then becoming crisp, and then edges started to die on the leaves. Maybe you are only starting to see it now, but this is the progression and you can look here to see what I am talking about:
And since you did talk about ph, this article is also of interest:
I know that one of the things I did at the time was to slowly do a switch-over on 2 of my flowering tents from daytime in my tent (9AM-9M), over about a 4 day period to get the lights on during the night time hours when it was a bit cooler outside (8PM-8AM). This incident also forced me to learn more about good LST training and proper SCROG techniques, helping keep my plants lower over their entire grow/ flower, giving me more flexibility between my plants and lights to control stressing them with too much light and excess heat.

Anyway, that fall I ended removing my tents, built a grow room in their places and added a dual port, combination AC/ heater/ dehumidifier (plus extra electrical circuit), which now provides me with controlling my environment year round and adding CO2 during my lights on hours, as the room is also sealed. You don't have to be as elaborate, or as expensive, but their are alternatives to help you in future grows 👍 Good luck 😉

Last edited:
Blakeja

Blakeja

Took a ppm outflow reading to double check this evening. Haven’t lately as I wasn’t having issues with Remo’s feed schedule.
Inflow is around 1000
Outflow 1900
This could be tainted by residue salts in my runoff trays, but has anyone seen over feeding reactions like these?

thanks again,
Blake

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks for your feedback! I don’t have much of the symptoms shown in this article. Also the spray I was using for PM kills all mites.

🎅🏻
I think you should continue to check for mites, your plants do show symptoms and nothing kills mites, nothing.

Your ppm runoff was very high, what was the pH runoff?

Blakeja

Blakeja

I think you should continue to check for mites, your plants do show symptoms and nothing kills mites, nothing.

Your ppm runoff was very high, what was the pH runoff?

I will certainly keep my eye out for mites. I started to notice these issues almost immediately after upping my dosing for week 6 so I’m really starting to think that up dose might be slightly high?

ph in 5.8 ph out 6.5

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ph problems and broad mite problems, that’s what it looks like to me ? You can’t hardly ever find the little dudes and you got all the classic symptoms . You can track the ph that’s easy - but I think my pest pointing friend beachwalker is onto something

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Ph problems and broad mite problems, that’s what it looks like to me ? You can’t hardly ever find the little dudes and you got all the classic symptoms . You can track the ph that’s easy - but I think my pest pointing friend beachwalker is onto something
+1 agree 100% / plus those runoff numbers are oddly backwards, what exactly is your soil and have you added any lime to it or anything else?

I wouldn't water below 6.3, I might flush to do a reset, then I would do a slurry test if my numbers were flipped like that

Blakeja

Blakeja

+1 agree 100% / plus those runoff numbers are oddly backwards, what exactly is your soil and have you added any lime to it or anything else?

I wouldn't water below 6.3, I might flush to do a reset, then I would do a slurry test if my numbers were flipped like that

Running coco, I’m going to have a better look for the mites. I’ve had spider mites, are broad much smaller?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Running coco, I’m going to have a better look for the mites. I’ve had spider mites, are broad much smaller?
Coco, and your watering at 5.8 and getting 6.5 out ???

That's a first for me🤯 Did you add lime to the Coco

Blakeja

Blakeja

Coco, and your watering at 5.8 and getting 6.5 out ???

That's a first for me🤯 Did you add lime to the Coco

Yes, I read in a couple places that coco gains quite a bit so your suppose to feed at 5.8. I haven’t had a issue through their entire life, outflow has always been 6.5

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yes, I read in a couple places that coco gains quite a bit so your suppose to feed at 5.8. I haven’t had a issue through their entire life, outflow has always been 6.5
Yes 5.8 is fine for Coco but why it's coming out at 6.5 I don't get?

Top Bottom