Taco/tips up/dried up leafs, sad girl needs your help!

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Blakeja

Blakeja

Needs a flush to get the salts out . Od .

i feed every watering with high run off percentage nothing below 30% do you still believe it need a flush? I heard it was bad to flush with plain water in coco..?
Im feeing very conflicted..

Moshmen

Moshmen

i feed every watering with high run off percentage nothing below 30% do you still believe it need a flush? I heard it was bad to flush with plain water in coco..?
Sometimes it’s multiple problems I think I don’t run coco but ur run off #’s are strange it could be full of calcium did you rinse it good before use ? And light should be moved up and I would question ph issues ? All possibilities! The Beauty of growin

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

It won't hurt to flush it but I still believe you need to seriously check for mites your plant looks like a classic case of mites to me and to about three or four others above too

the mites you're looking for now are much smaller than the two-spotted spider mite and very hard to see

Also a Mite infestation can mimic a lot of other problems but it's the Mites causing it, and you can't correct it no matter what you change, add or take away

Check under the leaves and inside on the stems too

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I have experienced this and given you the answers....you have moved your lights up...don't over water to compensate, and hence complicate the issues further. This is happening from the top down, yes? The top 3 ways new growers kill their grows is: #1 OVERWATERING #2 TO MUCH LIGHT, and #3 ADDING TO MUCH NUTRIENTS. I gave you the answer in my second post concerning your problem, only because I know this issue. Don't be confused 👍

Blakeja

Blakeja

It won't hurt to flush it but I still believe you need to seriously check for mites your plant looks like a classic case of mites to me and to about three or four others above too

the mites you're looking for now are much smaller than the two-spotted spider mite and very hard to see

Also a Mite infestation can mimic a lot of other problems but it's the Mites causing it, and you can't correct it no matter what you change, add or take away

Check under the leaves and inside on the stems too

So I’ve just spent the last hour scouring my plants and can’t find anything resembling a moving object at 90X mag. I really respect everyone’s input and time they invest in suggestions, so I don’t want to skip any feasible answers.

I think the issue may be a nutrient lock out resulting in my ph building and not maintaining every feeding, I will be flushing until I reach 5.8 and feeding half strength tonight.
I was going to lift my lights but this hasn’t resulted in any changes after doing so multiple times over the past week.

I noticed some weird green algae like forming on outside of the fabric pots, also some heavy salt residue while in looking for mites, further more suggesting a nutrient issue.
Growth has been slow but still moving forward.

please let me know if this sparks any new ideas for anyone, again really appreciate everyone’s input in the battle. Your experiences are invaluable.

Blake 🎄

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Sorry my friend, have you ever seen a burn victim...…they don't ever return to a normal ….but, in fairness they have hearts of gold and can motivate mountains to move...just saying. My sincere best wishes with whatever you do to finish 👍

Blakeja

Blakeja

Sorry my friend, have you ever seen a burn victim...…they don't ever return to a normal ….but, in fairness they have hearts of gold and can motivate mountains to move...just saying. My sincere best wishes with whatever you do to finish 👍

We’ll putt. I think what has made me hesitant to lift my lights is I have to different strains right next to each other at the same height and one is effected while another seems un phased. I know other strains handle light differently. But both are experincing slow growth ( a nutrient lockout result) I’m perplexed..

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Dude, these plants have already suffered a burn.....I know this from looking closer at your plants and experiencing this issue, as mentioned earlier. You do not have broad mites, but your leaves on top are the worst, right? You have probably exposed this plant to too much light (heat), especially as they stretched up to the lights in early flower. As I cannot see what you are using to light your tent and how far above it is, or even the size of your tent, but I can tell you that these plants are burn victims.....you need to nurse them to finish....your leaves will not recover from anything you do now....but, as my earlier sources indicated, don't overwater to further complicate the issue. You need to baby these to finish now....and learn by your mistakes.....that's the process for a good grower 👍

Blakeja

Blakeja

another reason I just bumped into that they may be locked is their still soaked, by this time daily they would be light in their pots. Still heavy as fuck and soaked. Has to be lock or else they would be dried up?

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

If the leaves are burnt, then the plant will not take up nutrients and water as it should...think about it. Think of a person who has suffered a 30% burn. Their skin is no longer able to control temperature through sweating or shivering in that area because the tissues do not function properly. Now think in terms of a plant, it's leaves for transpiration no longer work properly, it's over watered roots no longer uptake as they should, and the plant starts to go into a wicked spiral, hence the articles that I sent you. This plant will be lucky to finish where it should. My opinion, and I do not know your garden, but move this plant further away from the lights than the others, if possible, and don't expect great results from this plants in the end...I know! However, note this process so you can always refer to it later for comparisons, and my friend you will start to become a better grower by this experience 👍

Blakeja

Blakeja

If the leaves are burnt, then the plant will not take up nutrients and water as it should...think about it. Think of a person who has suffered a 30% burn. Their skin is no longer able to control temperature through sweating or shivering in that area because the tissues do not function properly. Now think in terms of a plant, it's leaves for transpiration no longer work properly, it's over watered roots no longer uptake as they should, and the plant starts to go into a wicked spiral, hence the articles that I sent you. This plant will be lucky to finish where it should. My opinion, and I do not know your garden, but move this plant further away from the lights than the others, if possible, and don't expect great results from this plants in the end...I know! However, note this process so you can always refer to it later for comparisons, and my friend you will start to become a better grower by this experience 👍

Sounds logical, lights moved up and flushing commenced.
Inflow 400ppm @ 5.8ph
Outflow 1700ppm! @ 6.5

Definitely an issue in the pot, may be a result of lights being too close?

stretch was over two weeks ago and the resulting issue happend over night after a spray of PM treatment and fiddling with nutrient levels. So I would be hesitant to say this was a result of lights but I appreciate your opinion 👍 never want to leave any stone un turned when it comes to your garden.

cheers 🎄

Blakeja

Blakeja

Not to familiar with flushing Coco but something seems off here three flushes brought ppm down from 1700-900 but ph remained constant 5.8 in resulted in 6.5-6.7 out I’m confused should I be going in at a lower ph to keep my outflow down 🥴??

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Unless I missed it you didn't tell us that you sprayed the plants with that product with the lights on and burnt the shit out of it come on man we had you looking for mites for 2 days and you had us trying to figure out your problem for 2 days you should have told us that brah

Blakeja

Blakeja

that original post was back in October during veg. I did spray them again during flower and noticed this the next day. Sprayed lights out always, never seen that present with any other strains used every crop.

I gave a good flush last night but I don’t get why my PH wouldn’t drop..
brought my PPM down around the same inflow I usually feed. PH stayed at 6.4-6.7..

Is that COCO related?

Thanks,
B

Top Bottom