Take a look at my dying White Master Kush

• Thread starter IPlay4Keepz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Ok... so this is one of my WMK that looks the worst of the bunch. It seems like an obvious Mg right?

1. Are you growing from seed or clone?
Seed
2. How old are your plants?
About 3 weeks
3. How tall are your plants?
All range from 1.5-4 in
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
Coco
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
Veg+Bloom all in one
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
130-150ppm
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
5-600
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
Should I be checking run off?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
N/A
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Tap water and Epsom salts at 1/2 tblsp per liter
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
Only fluorescents
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
Maybe an inch away
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
Less than 10
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
25C not sure how humid it is
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
None
18. How much experience do you have growing?
In coco very little...

Take a look at my dying white master kush
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Coco ph should be a little lower, you shouldn't really have been feeding them quite yet, how much calmg you using? Veg+bloom heard nothing but great things have some to try next run. Do you have the hard water version or ro/soft?

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Hard water version. I am feeding at .25 tsp per gallon. Thanks for taking a look.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Looks like a zinc or sulphur lockout honestly. I don't have muh experience w coco, so I sure one of the coco champs will chime in an help... That's what it's looking like to me. Have you phd your run off? Is the veg+blo all you are using? I spoke w the owner/rep at the expo a week ago and I remember him mentioning it still needing some additives... Let me run through what he gave me again and see if I can remember what he said

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

This is one of my White Super Skunks. It gives you an idea of what the symptoms looked like before they progressed to what the first pic shows. All are showing the same but at varying degrees.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I will ph the run off next watering. Thanks again. -Keepz

sixstring

sixstring

you should measure the runoff and tell us where its at,kinda looks over nuted.i run coco @ 5.8 ph with zero problems so i doubt its anything to do with ph.but the tap water could have something that doesnt work well with coco or they just got locked up from strong nutes.5-600 ppm is pretty strong for seedlings imo,i bet its building up in there now and making things worse.if they were mine,i would flush some r/o water or buy some distilled but flush down to clean again,and then redo the nutes with same water(r/o or dist.) @ about 300-350ppm and make sure some of that nute mix includes cal/mag if your nutes dont.when i start my seedlings in coco i like to precharge the coco with just water and calmag plus by botanicare @ 300 ppm and that seems to keep them happy by itself for the first few weeks,as they come up i just keep using the same nute mix until they get about 5-6 inches tall.good luck.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

You're overfeeding - that big in coco I only feed about 250-300 ppm nutes. I would feed once with clear water and then lighten up a little and stop your foliar feed. They should be drinking every two-three days, wait for the pot to start getting lighter before you feed. Do you have any kelp products? Once they show signs of improvement I usually like to use thrivealive or another kelp product w/ thiamine added, just to get them back on track.

green punk

green punk

If you want to save them and not bent on using coco. Pull them out of the coco wash roots and put in some decent soil, water in like new transplant. It will shock them, set you back a week or two, but they look like they will be goners any way. Foliar w some good kelp, Algamic or similar. Good luck

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I think I read through everything but I might have missed something important was this already hydrated coco or was it compressed dry and you hydrated it yourself if so what did you hydrate it with

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Was that tap or well water? Regardless , everything everyone said is on point especially with fluorescents you don't need much nutrient at all for a while

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

looks like you used Cal Mag plus from botanicare at recomended dose with out ph adjusting im an ORGANIC FANATIC but when i did use synthetics CAL MAG + was the first one i stopped cuz of that look right there but anywhoo ever since i switched to organic i never experienced this....

squarepusher

squarepusher

it could also be overwatering, let them dry out considerably at first until their roots establish, then you can douse them pretty heavy with water more often. It doesn't really look like-over nute since the leaves seem very pale

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

i believe over nute because the outer edge of fan leaves are about to turn brown then crisp then fall off....over water looks alot like under water wilted and tips go down and sometimes the leaf will fold down the middle upwards kinda....good luck fixin your issue

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

it could also be overwatering, let them dry out considerably at first until their roots establish, then you can douse them pretty heavy with water more often. It doesn't really look like-over nute since the leaves seem very pale

if they were overwatered we would see a little more droopy leaves. The yellow with necrosis creeping from the tip is a calcium/micro lockout, definitely caused by foliar-feeding epsom salts. If you're using the hardwater version of V+B it probably has added magnesium so you don't need to foliar epsom.

Your new growth looks okay still so you should be able to bring them back, just wait for them to start drinking and then feed clear water little bits at a time until you get a handle on how much they're drinking. Don't give them anymore ferts until you see them start growing again. You'll speed this process up by foliar spraying kelp. I see great results with thrivealive, B-52, and liquid karma to name a few popular kelp products.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Thanks everyone for their replies. I agree with We Solidarity it's a micro lockout because of my overfeeding so I have been feeding them bottled water (10ppm) throughout the week.
I am not new to growing, but am seriously lacking experience when growing in coco. Thankfully I haven't killed any of the 22 seedlings of white skunk and WMK I popped. They seem to be recovering even though all the lower leaves burned off. Here is what the previously pictured white skunk is looking like today:

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I think I read through everything but I might have missed something important was this already hydrated coco or was it compressed dry and you hydrated it yourself if so what did you hydrate it with

It was brick coco since its the only kind I could find. I flushed the living hell outta it until tds was same as tap. I live in the Caribbean so buying nutes with tons of additives is not an option because of shipping and we don't hydro shops here. I was lucky to find brick coco -Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Here is the same WMK previously pictured in my first post:

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

So my current hypothesis is too much potassium caused micros to become unavailable. Veg+bloom has an NPK of 16-10-30 and I obviously overdosed them. Purified water seems to be getting them back on track. From the looks of it I am still experiencing severe Ca def

Top Bottom