Taking clones 6 weeks after flowering

• Thread starter DeJaVu Seeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

I have found a superb phenotype in a group of 700 plants. The problem is, they have been in flowering mode for over 6 weeks (outdoors). I have re-vegged before, but only with whole plants.

Does anyone have a foolproof method of rooting cuttings taken this late in the flowering period?

Thanks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Had cuttings reveg at 9.5 weeks and 11 weeks. But i just cut the little bud and side shoot off her and stuck in a glass of water to root.

Its a long process. 2-3 weeks to show roots then sat iidle for a monthbefore starting new leaves. Eventually they go back to healthy veg.

Migrower

Migrower

I had just taken some at about 5 weeks. It rooted very fast,the clones I’ve taken from this strain in flower just seem to root fast. They are throwing off reveg. 3 leafs out of where flowers were. But like MIMEDGROWER said I believe they are stalling a bit now. I had to take so late because I realized I had no clones going of one of the strains I really enjoy so I went for it. I just used some rooting hormones and medium no dome or anything I usually don’t just throw em into the environment and let em go. Hardens off right away. I took nice green stems also,useless lower ones that were taking energy and wouldn’t produce quality flowers. So yes it can be done

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

Update:

I took four cuttings. The stems were match size in diameter, with two internodes. I trimmed the buds back about 80%. Coated with clonex rooting gel, Placed in a 3" square pot with a mix of 80% coconut coir and 20% worm castings. Placed under small 100W (actual) LED lights.

None of them rooted :(

Oh well

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Update:

I took four cuttings. The stems were match size in diameter, with two internodes. I trimmed the buds back about 80%. Coated with clonex rooting gel, Placed in a 3" square pot with a mix of 80% coconut coir and 20% worm castings. Placed under small 100W (actual) LED lights.

Oh well

I was chatting with a grower here and he was trying this flowering reveg recently and the cuts he left the bud on rooted more readily than the cuts he trimmed the bud off of.

In my experience the reveg leaves and new growth came right out of the bud. First it grew a new calyx then a leaf poked out of the new calyx.

It took many weeks.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Update:

Oh well
i guess im a bit difrent,when i take clones i cut all leaves but a few off and then cut the leaf in half,i want to see if it still alive but want it to focus on root growth

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I was chatting with a grower here and he was trying this flowering reveg recently and the cuts he left the bud on rooted more readily than the cuts he trimmed the bud off of.

In my experience the reveg leaves and new growth came right out of the bud. First it grew a new calyx then a leaf poked out of the new calyx.

It took many weeks.
i did same by mistake,working in room busted a top smooth off,so got pissed and just tossed it out in other room,finished up and forgot about the top,couple hours had gone by,was blazing and remember the top,so went back there and said what the hell ,i want it to dry and smoke anyway,so i stuck it in a solo cup of ocean forest and put one them little clamp on lights with a led bulb in it,watered it in and forgot about it for like 2 weeks and said oh shit,went and moved all the camo away from it and there it was with new leaves coming from the bud ,freaked me out ,just because setting cut in a bucket for couple hours it should have died,think it was right around 6 weeks and i put it back in my closet and harvest a fine plant from it

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i did same by mistake,working in room busted a top smooth off,so got pissed and just tossed it out in other room,finished up and forgot about the top,couple hours had gone by,was blazing and remember the top,so went back there and said what the hell ,i want it to dry and smoke anyway,so i stuck it in a solo cup of ocean forest and put one them little clamp on lights with a led bulb in it,watered it in and forgot about it for like 2 weeks and said oh shit,went and moved all the camo away from it and there it was with new leaves coming from the bud ,freaked me out ,just because setting cut in a bucket for couple hours it should have died,think it was right around 6 weeks and i put it back in my closet and harvest a fine plant from it

I have posted these pics on my thread and some others but here she is. 9.5 week flowering bud reveg.

I put her in a glass of well water and in 2 weeks she had root bumps amd a few little roots growing. Then i put her in the potting soil cup in a dome for weeks before the leaves started. I just left her alone. Soil stayed moist in the dome.

F43A78DB E61D 4361 9D8D 629C83A84D12
AC520AE2 422F 4E3E B354 EF557FD733AE
7A655D4E F2C1 442A BF09 87EFC3F7A1E4

Top Bottom