Taking cuttings from shocked woody plants

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've found myself in a situation where my new soil mix is super acidic and I've decided to pull the plug on this grow before it even gets going, save the hassle of flowering less than happy plants.

Dilemma is this; I'd like to save the genetics, but they've gone quite shocked and the stems are woody and red/purple.

My thought is to try and get them at least recovering somewhat, and then take cuttings and let them sit in a very weak nutrient solution with high P and some B1 overnight before putting them into rooters.

Any thoughts? anyone got tricks for rooting woody cuttings?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I've found myself in a situation where my new soil mix is super acidic and I've decided to pull the plug on this grow before it even gets going, save the hassle of flowering less than happy plants.

Dilemma is this; I'd like to save the genetics, but they've gone quite shocked and the stems are woody and red/purple.

My thought is to try and get them at least recovering somewhat, and then take cuttings and let them sit in a very weak nutrient solution with high P and some B1 overnight before putting them into rooters.

Any thoughts? anyone got tricks for rooting woody cuttings?
I’ve always rooted wooded cuts, they do take longer but they thrive once rooted.
I do it is s dwc cloner. On cubes I find that it doesn’t take well.

I

Ikkt

If you've got the space you could air layer them, that would be pretty save and you could take half the plant as "cutting" if you like to.

I often had problems with woody cuttings, giving them extra nutrients and/or foliars with relatively high P sounds like a good idea too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom