Taking Good Cell Phone Pictures of LED Grows (on Android)

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hey guys -

TLDR; try to set your camera's 'White Balance' setting to the same frequency as your grow light specturm.

You probs already know this but if you open the camera on an android, go to "more" and then select "Pro Mode" you can set the white balance to match the spectrum of your grow lights and get rid of that shitty yellow tint real easy.

On my S10+ it's like this (YMMV):
Taking good cell phone pictures of led grows on android

Taking good cell phone pictures of led grows on android 2

My LED's are 3500k spectrum so you can see where I set the white balance accordingly:

Taking good cell phone pictures of led grows on android 3

The difference is easy to see. Regular first, WB set on second

Taking good cell phone pictures of led grows on android 4
Taking good cell phone pictures of led grows on android 5

Sorry if this is already common knowledge and I'm sure the settings look different on different phone models, I can't help you with that. Also I clearly suck at photography this post is solely about not seeing that shit yellow tint in every picture.

BR

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Hey guys -

TLDR; try to set your camera's 'White Balance' setting to the same frequency as your grow light specturm.

You probs already know this but if you open the camera on an android, go to "more" and then select "Pro Mode" you can set the white balance to match the spectrum of your grow lights and get rid of that shitty yellow tint real easy.

On my S10+ it's like this (YMMV):
View attachment 1051126

View attachment 1051127

My LED's are 3500k spectrum so you can see where I set the white balance accordingly:

View attachment 1051128

The difference is easy to see. Regular first, WB set on second

View attachment 1051130View attachment 1051131

Sorry if this is already common knowledge and I'm sure the settings look different on different phone models, I can't help you with that. Also I clearly suck at photography this post is solely about not seeing that shit yellow tint in every picture.

BR
I had this filed under "trade secrets"...damn man, you let the cat out of the bag! 😄

Top Bottom