Taking Stock Today I Been Noticing Yellowing Leaves On Bottom But Worse

• Thread starter luvurkle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

luvurkle

I been noticing yellowing leaves on bottom but worse than I thought .I have over grown my greenhouse all is looking well but this one I moved a potted plant out of the way so I had a place to stand lol not funny I was doing some trimming back and noticed this one plant wasn't happy please help it gets same as others .
details
strain greencrack
growth just switching over to budding
feed 30-10-10 now just introduced 20-20-20
I think I was already doing this before nute chnge
also getting taco leaves getting good airflow high temp not issue see pics and thanks I have searched but I don't want to mess up thinking its a defency and kill her
Sany4418   copy   copyjpg
Sany4412   copy   copyjpg
Sany4413   copyjpg
Sany4414   copyjpg
Sany4415   copyjpg
Sany4412   copy   copyjpg
Sany4413   copyjpg
Sany4414   copyjpg
Sany4415   copyjpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oooh... that's not N-, and it's not like the usual heat-induced yellowing I've seen so often, either. I honestly do not like the way those leaves are rolling.

@Bulldog11 @Blaze @caregiverken ... who else should put eyes on this? I'm drawing a blank right now. Get a 100x scope and scope those leaves. I'm not saying for sure, but this isn't something I've observed before.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@luvurkle I am so sorry but I am going to give you bad news.

First off, are those pictures of the same plant? I see two things happening:

The first, and worst, is broad mites. Get a scope, not a 10x or 20x but a 75x or better. Take the branch from your picture that is your 5th picture you posted, or the first picture in the third row. Scope it. I am guessing you find tiny little worm like bugs. Are your branches also turning brown with a rust like appearance? If you don't have bugs, then it might be mosaic virus. But it looks like bugs.

The second thing: If that is the same plant that you took pictures of then forget this. However the yellowing leafs looks like it might be the start of wilt. Wilt comes on strong and kills plants within days of flower onset especially. I am guessing you took a picture of the same plant, and the yellowing is most likely from bugs.

Check out my thread Norcal garden of Eden. I just had a big write up on how I have been battling the broad mites. Might help if that is your problem.

Get this figured out fast, because the window of being able to fight these guys with chemicals is running out.

Quagmire

Quagmire

I've seen this on my own before , but then again I was growing in pure coco and it gave me nothing but headaches.. It almost looks like you've got a few things going on here man, so for sure be careful how you approach.. If I didn't know better I'd say one of your problems is Calmag def...
Looks like Seamaiden has given you the very threads I use to figure out issues..
How well did you prep your soil and are all of these directly into the ground??? check your ph really close and if this is just on the one plant think about culling in case you have an infection that may spread, best to cut one loss then many... and for sure let us know what you figure out ok... for the most part new growth looks fine.

L

luvurkle

update been giving her a close inspection today . I will add some pics in a few no signs of broad worms or any other infection.
the hole 100+gallon ocean forest soil Not a great draining soil by itself but we are careful not to over water it ..
something I think is possibility is that it got hit with nutes 30-10-10 without being watered first . I was using a auto water but there was a failure and I thinkin there was a good chance I hit a thirsty plant with a hot dose.. I maybe way off but I wont stop till I fix it or finish killing it .. The broad worms you mentioned where could I find them forsure if that is the problem?
I did find a couple red mites on the lowest leaves closest to ground . I will use neem oil or mitywash this afternoon also trimming off many of these problem limbs .. and water flush followed by a B1 ...

I havnt begain to read on Epson salts but neighbor 91 years old says I should flush and then 1 tbl spn Epson salt . what would this do or undo or is he off on this ? gotta go will be back with pics

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@luvurkle -- not broad worms, broad mites, and they are microscopic. I wouldn't try to feed anything right now, nothing about that plant says deficiency to my eyes and especially not Epsom salt at such a high rate. Everything about that plant says pest or diseased to my eyes.

Those red mites ain't shit, leave 'em, alone. Reread Bulldog's post closely.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

If you have the mites, scope the newest growth on a lower branch. Once again, your 5th picture posted, and the 11th, (they look the same) is where I would scope. You need a 75x or more powerful scope, you will not see them with anything smaller than that. If no bugs, maybe start researching mosiac virus.

I agree with Seamaiden, nothing looks like a deficiency that you have posted.

L

luvurkle

I sprayed the hell outta of it with mity wash trimmed all bad looking limbs off I ordered a highpowerd microscope but not here yet .. I feed a bit of b1 pant is still growing vertical but no new growth leaves .. thinkn it is broad mites now being that all other plants are fine same dirt nutes .. how long till I see a recovery or tell if I am helping

L

luvurkle

Ok What is this bug this is the second on I have found on this same sik plant taco leaves still there the new growth
DSCN1482   Copy
DSCN1481   Copy
tops are coming out yellow brown looking

L

luvurkle

Sat Aug 08 19 29 20
Sat Aug 08 19 24 20
Sat Aug 08 19 28 15
plant is sick tacod leaves been looking into broad mite I keep seeing these on the very top of the new growth PLEASE help me know 4sure what this bastard is
Sat Aug 08 19 24 20
Sat Aug 08 19 25 24
Sat Aug 08 19 28 15
Sat Aug 08 19 29 20
Sat Aug 08 19 28 15

L

luvurkle

O I did nt think u could see these with naked eye? I just uploaded a micro pic of this bud under new thread called help me identify this in the infirmary is this a broad mite in the close up

souf69

souf69

Bulldog and Sea may have this one figured out, however you may have root aphids. That last pic is not real clear, but it may be a lil one crawling up and out of your medium. Put a potato peel by your stem and leave it there over night. Check it in the am, if it has lilbugz with dual tailpipez, itz dem fidz.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Aye, that last bug sure looks aphid-ish to me. But a root aphid being found up on a stem? That doesn't make sense. Either way, better safe than sorry!

I've only had the two runs (or run-ins) with RAs, my experience looked nothing like this. The leaves never curled, just became 'deficient' and from there I chased my tail.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good morning luvurkle. I'm going to merge this with your other thread for right now. Even if you have multiple problems, they're with the same grow and it's a lot easier for those who are trying to help you to see everything in one place. Makee de sensi?

L

luvurkle

yea thanks for all the help and these little bugs are found in the newest growth right in the top banging my head here . just got a potato to ck what it turns up...

Top Bottom