Talk to me about complete darkness

• Thread starter Bisquick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bisquick

Bisquick

I have a tent out on my patio and it gets fresh air through the vents. Well, I have a small light on my patio that's usually on till about 10:30 pm and for the late afternoon it's not dark out till about 1.5 hours (8:30) after my lights go off. Now, the light seeping in once it's night isn't much at all. Id say less then the moon and you couldn't read inside the tent or anything.

Do I shut the vents at night and prevent more air in? The vents are facing walls on two sides so it's not MUCH light at all (but are about 10" away from the walls. On top of it, the vents are about 6" lower then the plants that are pretty close to it, so the vast majority of light (the little there is) is down low......

From 10:30pm till morning there is pretty much complete darkness outside :)

L

likeakite

We've had strains that would hermi easily from small light disruptions, and some that wont hermi with the light and tv all on in the next room with an open door.

I believe that several types of envrionmental stress can cause plants to hermi, one of them is light poisioning. We also believe that a plant might be predisposed to hermism thru weak genetics.

My guess is that the small amount of light you describe as getting in the tent wont do any harm, but all you can do is wait and see. Good luck

Top Bottom