Tap water analysis - ok to use?

• Thread starter SouP_N
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SouP_N

Tap water analysis   ok to use
Coco grow. What do you guys think? I want to get away from the RO water I’m currently using. It has just become too time consuming at the quantity’s I need to produce.

S

SouP_N

I'd have no issues using that water. Unless i'm missing something, everything looks excellent. I'd love to have tap water like that!
Appreciate that. I just defaulted to RO from the start and never really questioned it. Not using RO would take a huge amount of time/work off of me.

S

SouP_N

Follow up to this…

should I be shooting for the target ec on my feed schedule or should I add or subtract my starting tap waters ec (.3 ec) from my target?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
It depends. A safe approach would be to feed 1/2 the recommended amount, see where your EC is and see how your plants react. If they look a little hungry, bump the EC up a notch. If the tips look like they're getting a little burned, pull the EC back a bit. All plants are a little bit different. You'll get the hang of it fairly quickly

S

SouP_N

It depends. A safe approach would be to feed 1/2 the recommended amount, see where your EC is and see how your plants react. If they look a little hungry, bump the EC up a notch. If the tips look like they're getting a little burned, pull the EC back a bit. All plants are a little bit different. You'll get the hang of it fairly quickly
Thanks. My target ec from when I was using RO water was 1250. I’m at about 1450 right now with my tap water and everyone looks happy so far. Switched from RO about 10 days ago.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo you need RO. 250ppm of chloride is to high.... Under 150 is usually ok Nd chloride is needed as a micro but that's to high.

Looking at the water report it's attached to the sulfur so this is likely a well or small town water supply? Not common to see in this in major cities.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Imo you need RO. 250ppm of chloride is to high.... Under 150 is usually ok Nd chloride is needed as a micro but that's to high.

Looking at the water report it's attached to the sulfur so this is likely a well or small town water supply? Not common to see in this in major cities.
Welcome back ! Hope all is well and the break was refreshing

S

SouP_N

Small town supply. You think this is detrimental or worth continuing this run on tap and see how it turns out. There is just no way I can keep up with my current RO setup.

S

SouP_N

Also are you looking at the correct column? I think that 250 number is the max allowance. 11.9mg/L is what was measured in 2020. Appreciate the help

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also are you looking at the correct column? I think that 250 number is the max allowance. 11.9mg/L is what was measured in 2020. Appreciate the help
Oh well my bad brother.... That's absolutely fine... May have some ph stability issues with that low alkalinity but that will depend on nutes. pH out ideally within 0.3 of input but lots can affect that

S

SouP_N

Oh well my bad brother.... That's absolutely fine... May have some ph stability issues with that low alkalinity but that will depend on nutes. pH out ideally within 0.3 of input but lots can affect that
Thanks! Almost gave me a heart attack 😂
Using GH flora + diamond nectar, armor si and cal mag. Thinking I can probably drop the cal mag. I do have to add a fair amount of ph down, but it seems to stay fairly stable once set.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks! Almost gave me a heart attack 😂
Using GH flora + diamond nectar, armor si and cal mag. Thinking I can probably drop the cal mag. I do have to add a fair amount of ph down, but it seems to stay fairly stable once set.
Yeah your alkalinity will be fine... The armor SI is potassium silicate and even at half dose is enough alkalinity for RO water

Top Bottom