Tap water for RDWC what do you think?

• Thread starter dazedX_Xspirit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dazedX_Xspirit

dazedX_Xspirit

Hey guys! So I am considering experimenting with tap water for my next run. Have you tried it or known anyone to do it? So it will be in RDWC, with a chiller running. My idea from what I have read is to pour enough to fill my system into my mixing container, an have it sit under the lights (UV rays) to get rid of the chlorine. I will try 24 hours an see where the ppm ends up at. I will just run it through some kinda GAC filter that I can purchase or jimmy rig myself (dependant on whats cheaper) to remove the chloramine. What do ya think? Is this leaning towards being a waste of time or does it sound somewhat plausible? My city water as it stands now is sitting at a TDS of 220 and pH of 7.8 outta the tap. Any thoughts on this are totally encouraged to be shared. Am i going too far with this idea? Or should I just stick with RO (its sucha waste, ya know?).
~have a chill day~

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I’ve run tap with a lower TDS but really that shouldn’t matter. Those will be unusable to the plant. Keep it in mind for your EC. Basically deduct your tap TDS from your overall EC. Meaning if your TDS is 200 and you have a schedule calling for 850 then your EC for your feed would be 1050 and not be over feeding. Do not worry about chlorine or chloramine. Don’t waste time letting it sit out because the chloramine is never going to evaporate. Just get on with it.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Tap water is all i use.

The Ph of your water is higher than usual but yeah drop that down a little and use it.

if you can collect rain water. :)

Top Bottom