Tc2's Indoor Grow Journal - Spider Farmer SF1000, HLG 100, Sun System HPS 150W

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

The SF1000 is definitely a big step up from my blurples, both on efficiency and spectrum.
Can’t compare them to other products with the Samsung diodes, maybe some day.

My wife ended up ordering me a 100watt hlg for an early Christmas present. It should be here tomorrow or the following day.

So I guess I will be able to retire my blurples and compare the sf1000 to a more worthy competitor after all.

Thinking of running the hlg on the left, spider farmer on the right and a 150 watt hps in the center.

beluga

beluga

My wife ended up ordering me a 100watt hlg for an early Christmas present. It should be here tomorrow or the following day.

So I guess I will be able to retire my blurples and compare the sf1000 to a more worthy competitor after all.

Thinking of running the hlg on the left, spider farmer on the right and a 150 watt hps in the center.
What a freakin' gal!

I dunno how hot a 150w HID runs, but I would be a little concerned about it running the adjacent LEDs too hot... might kill your lifespan on them by a good bit.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

What a freakin' gal!

I dunno how hot a 150w HID runs, but I would be a little concerned about it running the adjacent LEDs too hot... might kill your lifespan on them by a good bit.

Hmm I will keep that in mind and make sure their is enough distance. I think my blurples run almost as hot as that little hps though.

beluga

beluga

Hmm I will keep that in mind and make sure their is enough distance. I think my blurples run almost as hot as that little hps though.
Yeah, I just recall running them next to a 400W HPS.. even with air cooling, I believe it led to the early demise of a couple of blurple lamps I had at the time. Literally had speckled diodes that were blown on the side closest to the HPS on two different lamps.
I've never witnessed the heat output from a 150W... I guess it would basically be close to a 100W filament incandescent... so probably nothing to cause alarm.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Yeah, I just recall running them next to a 400W HPS.. even with air cooling, I believe it led to the early demise of a couple of blurple lamps I had at the time. Literally had speckled diodes that were blown on the side closest to the HPS on two different lamps.
I've never witnessed the heat output from a 150W... I guess it would basically be close to a 100W filament incandescent... so probably nothing to cause alarm.

What was the distance between the blurples and the 400 watt?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Killed another male lemon chaze 🪓
Here are the 8 plants that remain.

8E4E365D 7BB0 46E0 A040 C5EB71A8561B

And the male I found

and its roots
63A499E4 6E1F 44B2 9535 AA85E433BA20

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

The rest of the plants are still not showing sex fully, but a lot of them seem to be leaning towards male. I just have to wait and hope they prove me wrong. Besides this one dozimac that does not seem as happy, that one I am hoping for male so I don't have to troubleshoot why its mad all the time.

Ran into some delays on the hlg 100, but as soon as it comes I will do some lux comparison on my phone between it and the SF1000 and share them with the farm.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

The rest of the plants are still not showing sex fully, but a lot of them seem to be leaning towards male. I just have to wait and hope they prove me wrong. Besides this one dozimac that does not seem as happy, that one I am hoping for male so I don't have to troubleshoot why its mad all the time.

Ran into some delays on the hlg 100, but as soon as it comes I will do some lux comparison on my phone between it and the SF1000 and share them with the farm.
On 100% power my sf1000 did about 26,000 lux at 18 inches

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

25,907 lux to be exact at 18 inches

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Ok so the hlg 100 came today and I hooked it up in the layout I described earlier.

Here are my observations ans comparisons so far.

Spectrum
I have the 3000k version. As you can see in the picture the hlg seems to have one warmish white diode. The spider farmer has alternating warm and cool white diodes and it has those red or far red supplements.
1DF314D1 CB1C 4CAA B551 DBE5A9B4E3AF

Brightness
At 16-18 inches the spider farmer reported 26206 lux and the hlg reported 29729 lux. Keep in mind it was very difficult to get an accurate distance with them mounted so high and treat these as ballpark numbers.
4D74B007 FA07 4EB3 8541 C65C9ACF1DCF
DAFA9E29 CB01 48A0 B3CB EB366A74B9AA

Features and customer experience
The hlg doesn’t has a dimmer, but it can be dimmed using a screwdriver on the driver so spider farmer is easier to dim. The spider farmer came with a manual and came preassembled. The hlg had no manual and required some minimal assembly to screw the driver onto the light if you choose to mount it that way.

And I am stoked to make use of my little hps aswell
C8D876BF 22A5 4920 93BB 0771102ECF37

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Ok so the hlg 100 came today and I hooked it up in the layout I described earlier.

Here are my observations ans comparisons so far.

Spectrum
I have the 3000k version. As you can see in the picture the hlg seems to have one warmish white diode. The spider farmer has alternating warm and cool white diodes and it has those red or far red supplements.
View attachment 1063925

Brightness
At 16-18 inches the spider farmer reported 26206 lux and the hlg reported 29729 lux. Keep in mind it was very difficult to get an accurate distance with them mounted so high and treat these as ballpark numbers.
View attachment 1063926View attachment 1063927

Features and customer experience
The hlg doesn’t has a dimmer, but it can be dimmed using a screwdriver on the driver so spider farmer is easier to dim. The spider farmer came with a manual and came preassembled. The hlg had no manual and required some minimal assembly to screw the driver onto the light if you choose to mount it that way.

And I am stoked to make use of my little hps aswell
View attachment 1063930

@gorillaglueaaron ^

Latest posts

Top Bottom