Tc2's Indoor Grow Journal - Spider Farmer SF1000, HLG 100, Sun System HPS 150W

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Not trying to hijack your thread I swear but 1 last thought... they get mucky and they have to be easy to move and clean, the base and the tank. I put 2 tsp H2O2 in mine every few days ❤🌱

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

That looks like the one you need bro,were only trying to get to 60 per at highest , right?.

Yeah if I can get it to stay around 50 I will be happy. Mostly what freaks me out is it dropping below 30. I have a dehu so I can prevent going over. On the other hand my plant did fine outdoors in the dry weather so idk.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

The uncovered seedlings were feeling light today and got their first light watering from a squeeze water bottle.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Just accidentally decapitated one of the Dozimacs trying to help it out of its shell. Oh well, thats what I get for being impatient. A new one has been planted in its place.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Spraying it first makes that easier fwiw. You prob knew that but thought I'd put it out into the universe again.

Yeah I tried wetting a few times through the week to help it break through, I tried putting the humidity dome thing back on it, eventually I just got impatient and reckless. Whoops lol.

zebrausa

zebrausa

Welcome to my indoor grow Diary. If you have seen my other thread, you know I am an organic veggie gardener and grew 1 outdoor lemon cheese x lemon haze this summer, using compost, teas, ferments and dry amendments and got a solid harvest.

Its been a little while since I have done any indoor, but I have setup a small room and I am really excited to be finally turning it on.

@SpiderFarmerLED was kind enough to send me a sf1000, so I will be testing that out and sharing my results. I currently have the light on full blast, at a good distance. The lux is reading at 4000 on my phone app. As the plants fill in the space I will turn on the other two lights, which are 2017 Viparspectra par 600s.

Originally I was planning on doing a mono crop of skunk, but I ended up planting 4 dozimac reg, 4 super skunk reg, 1 moab fem, and 6 lemon cheese x lemon haze reg. I will pick 5 females out of these 15 seeds.

All of the seeds were planted in Soil King Big Rootz soil and will be transplanted into either Big Rootz or Empire Builder Soil, since the store only had 1 bag of the Big Rootz. They will be fed worm castings premixed with dry amendments, liquid kelp, and fish hydrolysate.
Your a better grower than me, but I would like to offer that your light is too high. I have a similar light and if I do seeds, I place about 2ft above, th
Welcome to my indoor grow Diary. If you have seen my other thread, you know I am an organic veggie gardener and grew 1 outdoor lemon cheese x lemon haze this summer, using compost, teas, ferments and dry amendments and got a solid harvest.

Its been a little while since I have done any indoor, but I have setup a small room and I am really excited to be finally turning it on.

@SpiderFarmerLED was kind enough to send me a sf1000, so I will be testing that out and sharing my results. I currently have the light on full blast, at a good distance. The lux is reading at 4000 on my phone app. As the plants fill in the space I will turn on the other two lights, which are 2017 Viparspectra par 600s.

Originally I was planning on doing a mono crop of skunk, but I ended up planting 4 dozimac reg, 4 super skunk reg, 1 moab fem, and 6 lemon cheese x lemon haze reg. I will pick 5 females out of these 15 seeds.

All of the seeds were planted in Soil King Big Rootz soil and will be transplanted into either Big Rootz or Empire Builder Soil, since the store only had 1 bag of the Big Rootz. They will be fed worm castings premixed with dry amendments, liquid kelp, and fish hydrolysate.
I went totally led 5 years ago. I have a similar light. I place my 3000w light much closer to the container than you. It will actually warm the seedling cup. I keep it there for about a week after sprouting. I then start raising my light so my plant will start stretching. I use master blend for everything, especially tomatoes. I water sparingly when the soil is dry until they start growing leaves. Actually, my plants had 1/4 in stem and were only a foot tall. I said oh shit, time to raise my lights.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Your a better grower than me, but I would like to offer that your light is too high. I have a similar light and if I do seeds, I place about 2ft above, th

I went totally led 5 years ago. I have a similar light. I place my 3000w light much closer to the container than you. It will actually warm the seedling cup. I keep it there for about a week after sprouting. I then start raising my light so my plant will start stretching. I use master blend for everything, especially tomatoes. I water sparingly when the soil is dry until they start growing leaves. Actually, my plants had 1/4 in stem and were only a foot tall. I said oh shit, time to raise my lights.

Thanks for the input zebrasua. I will watch out for stretch and adjust accordingly.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Bumped up the light intensity just a bit by turning on the other two lights, with just the white diodes on. The seedlings seemed to like it, except the one that had just sprouted got a little stressed, so I moved it to the side. I also tossed a dozimac runt and planted another replacement. No luck on the super skunks still. I am stoked that all six of the lemon cheeze x lemon haze seedlings are doing great, but I have enough plenty of that herb and rosin from my outdoor.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Just mixed worm castings, dry amendments, and powdered microbes, which I put in tupperware with air holes poked in the lids. The idea being to activate the nutrition in the amendments with biologicals and kickstart the breakdown process. I will start using these in a few weeks.

This is my veg batch, so the dry amendments are down to earth bio live and down to earth vegan blend. The powdered microbes are a free sample of cultured biologix ez tea.

I also noticed a few of my seedlings had minor tacoing going on. I think it is from the low humidity not the increased light, but since I don't have my humidifier yet, I turned the two viparspectras back off. Humidifier should be here on Nov. 2

Unnamed
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Seems my outtake fan is broken, will replace that tommorow. Funny enough, today without it my temps were fine, and my humidity was not so ridiculously low.

Gonna give up on the super skunks soon, seems like bad seed.
The dozimac and lemon cheese x lemon haze are still chugging along.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Seems my outtake fan is broken, will replace that tommorow. Funny enough, today without it my temps were fine, and my humidity was not so ridiculously low.

Gonna give up on the super skunks soon, seems like bad seed.
The dozimac and lemon cheese x lemon haze are still chugging along.
Maybe replace with something adjustable? Or just adjust down?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Maybe replace with something adjustable? Or just adjust down?

I actually have another one sitting around just like it, but maybe I will put it on a timer instead of running it all the time. I am sure I will need to run it more when I have all the lights. Perhaps when the next one burns out I will upgrade.

Top Bottom