Tc2's Indoor Grow Journal - Spider Farmer SF1000, HLG 100, Sun System HPS 150W

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

Yeah... I think it all comes down to density. Pressure, humidity, temperature, and other shit all effect that... definitely related.
Basically whatever is more dense will displace whatever is less dense... the variables that effect that are vast.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yeah... I think it all comes down to density. Pressure, humidity, temperature, and other shit all effect that... definitely related.
Basically whatever is more dense will displace whatever is less dense... the variables that effect that are vast.
PV=nRT and water droplets affect pressure bc density like beluga said and volume stays the same in a closed space soooo as the count of substance in the air changes that will change either temp or pressure right? Which one will fall or rise faster to equilibrium?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Screenshot 20201120 010750 Google
Screenshot 20201120 011016 Google
Screenshot 20201120 011148 Google
Screenshot 20201120 011408 Google

Trust me peeps...Temp drives everything. RH and pressure, while all physically 'related", sit in the back seat. It takes a tremendous amount energy to move the dials.

Do you have any idea what kind of pressure increase you would have to see to lower temperature by 10゚?

🤔

Anyone who's ever frozen a propane tank knows.

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
My point... even though I'm too stoned to really make it is: Yes, they're technically all related but one is really driving all the others. TEMP is everything in this world. Solar radiation. It all starts there.

amekins

amekins

My point... even though I'm too stoned to really make it is: Yes, they're technically all related but one is really driving all the others. TEMP is everything in this world. Solar radiation. It all starts there.
On a roll there, buddy.

beluga

beluga

Trust me peeps...
I'm sorry, I'm not gonna trust you on that one.
You're going all over the place with the physical laws of nature based on different conditions.
Nowhere on Earth is like a propane tank. Meteorological pressure systems abide by different (though relative) laws than traditional thermodynamics. And, most of all, increases in pressure increase temperature by the very basic property of moving particles faster. (unless, of course, impacted by the density of water and gravity such as that in the deep ocean.)

When we're talking about mixtures of moisture content, temperature, and air particle composition (and electromagnetism, gravity, coriolis effect, etc., etc..), the relationship to pressure becomes very relevant. Even in your various models, they all have a standard relationship. And that relationship is density. Each of them effect the density which, in turn, effects each of them.

Temperature is not driving all of them. Molecular density is. That density can certainly be impacted by temperature, but it gets messy when you start adding all sort of different properties.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I'm sorry, I'm not gonna trust you on that one.
You're going all over the place with the physical laws of nature based on different conditions.
Nowhere on Earth is like a propane tank. Meteorological pressure systems abide by different (though relative) laws than traditional thermodynamics. And, most of all, increases in pressure increase temperature by the very basic property of moving particles faster. (unless, of course, impacted by the density of water and gravity such as that in the deep ocean.)

When we're talking about mixtures of moisture content, temperature, and air particle composition (and electromagnetism, gravity, coriolis effect, etc., etc..), the relationship to pressure becomes very relevant. Even in your various models, they all have a standard relationship. And that relationship is density. Each of them effect the density which, in turn, effects each of them.

Temperature is not driving all of them. Molecular density is. That density can certainly be impacted by temperature, but it gets messy when you start adding all sort of different properties.
Have you ever even made ice?

Temp drives molecular density. Thats it. Propane tanks and meteorology obey the same physical laws of the universe everything else does. Barometric pressure is caused by rising and falling air masses. Temperature drives that force, which is fueled by solar radiation.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

The SF1000 is definitely a big step up from my blurples, both on efficiency and spectrum. I have not gotten much use off of the dimmer because I have my lights up high, but I still don’t like the idea of having to remove my drivers and use a screwdriver to dim lights, so I am glad the dimmer is their. With one of the more powerful models I would use the dimmer more.

Can’t compare them to other products with the Samsung diodes, maybe some day.

If you were following along in the beginning, you know I prepared some bio nutrient bombs, by mixing dry amendments, worm casting, and cultured biologix in Tupperware and letting them sit. Since, the beneficial (hopefully lol) microbial hyphae and mycelia have taken off visibly.

Been waiting patiently for the plants to ask for a little nutrition before applying the bombs, but the Big Rootz soil has kept them happy so far.

I am thinking of blasting then with their first bombs this weekend, the new growth looks a like it would appreciate a little more calcium, since its a little frilly. Also the cotyledons are finally starting to fade.

Do you all think they are ready? Anyone else tried predigesting their amendments this way?

beluga

beluga

If it were me, I'd probably give 'em a little blast. I dunno how blasty those bombs are... but the plants look (based on the top set or two of leaves) like they're almost through with whatever was in the soil to being with.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

If it were me, I'd probably give 'em a little blast. I dunno how blasty those bombs are... but the plants look (based on the top set or two of leaves) like they're almost through with whatever was in the soil to being with.

Nice, we are on the same page!

I am a little unsure how blasty the bombs will be myself.

I got the idea/terminology from an outdoor grower who buries a clay pot full of rabbit poop and dry amendments under each plant.

beluga

beluga

The SF1000 is definitely a big step up from my blurples, both on efficiency and spectrum. I have not gotten much use off of the dimmer because I have my lights up high, but I still don’t like the idea of having to remove my drivers and use a screwdriver to dim lights, so I am glad the dimmer is their. With one of the more powerful models I would use the dimmer more.
Just saw this, too.
Do they use the 'A' type Mean Well's?
One reason I really dig the AB and B types... dimmer wire hooked up to a potentiometer and go. The A's are nice if you need to adjust to a certain type/set of LEDs, but, otherwise I could definitely see it sucking to have to use their built-in dimmer... especially if they're mounted. Why they put them on the bottom of the driver is beyond me.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Just saw this, too.
Do they use the 'A' type Mean Well's?
One reason I really dig the AB and B types... dimmer wire hooked up to a potentiometer and go. The A's are nice if you need to adjust to a certain type/set of LEDs, but, otherwise I could definitely see it sucking to have to use their built-in dimmer... especially if they're mounted. Why they put them on the bottom of the driver is beyond me.

I am not sure, maybe @SpiderFarmerLED wants to chime in.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I have an original sf2000 and a new one as well. The older models have the A driver and the new ones have the AB. 99% sure the sf1000 is the same. But yes, @SpiderFarmerLED could confirm this. Also, the new 1000d model has a cheaper no name brand without a dimmer I think.
20201120 144758
20201120 144753

beluga

beluga

Top Bottom