Tc2's Indoor Grow Journal - Spider Farmer SF1000, HLG 100, Sun System HPS 150W

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

If you have a legit idea maybe hit up @beluga, he was talking about building some more lights. Yal could be the next new thing.
Just ordered my far/deep red stuff to incorporate into my lights... super pumped about it.

However, those red buddies I think are probably the best thing out right now for that IR supplementation. I haven't looked at the shipping costs from Oz to the states yet... but probably worth it.
You can see some results on LEDGardener, RIU, and instagram... dude who made 'em is LEDTEKNIK... one of the mods over at LEDGardener... knows his stuff way more than I.

Only reason I didn't get buddies was for the sake of my own DIY enthusiasm.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Oh it’s legit I’m a horticulturalist first off I think of the plant first and it’s requirements my idea will enhance a already good light to the next level . Not going to divulge anymore I want to make a difference. Od

Hell yeah, don't give an idea like that away for free. Best of luck.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Bummer. That ceramic HPS is only made in 600w version currently. I'll keep my eye out for the 1000w and hope the price comes down by then. Requires the below ballast due to 20 minute warm up, some folks may already have it

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Just ordered supplies to setup some basic drip on the pots to make watering a little more easy and efficient, I think I will appreciate this ease a lot especially once everything is all scrogged, or if I need to get out of town for a few days.

What I went with:

VIVOSUN 800GPH Submersible Pump(3000L/H, 24W), Ultra Quiet Water Pump with 10ft High Lift, Fountain Pump with 5ft Power Cord, 3 Nozzles for Fish Tank, Pond, Aquarium, Statuary, Hydroponics
Raindrip 016010T 1/4-Inch by 100-Feet Black Tubing
Orbit DripMaster 67431 1/4-Inch Barb Assortment, 30-Pack
Rain Bird ET256-50S Drip Irrigation Pressure Compensating 1/4" Tubing, 6" Emitter Spacing, Brown
Raindrip 13800UB Hydro-Port 8 Port Watering Manifold

I already have extra 1/2" distribution tubing, timer and res. I will have a spiral of the 1/4" drip line in each pot.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
So your using other lights as well as the SF 1000 .? I’m now confused as all fuck I thought you were just using the SF1000 not sure how you can give it a light review mate you dont know if the light is good or kicks dirt ..... I’m not trying to be a smart ass at all you would know if I was pulling that stick . Od the lost in this thread man ....

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

So your using other lights as well as the SF 1000 .? I’m now confused as all fuck I thought you were just using the SF1000 not sure how you can give it a light review mate you dont know if the light is good or kicks dirt ..... I’m not trying to be a smart ass at all you would know if I was pulling that stick . Od the lost in this thread man ....

I asked them if I could test out the light and told them I would need 3 sf1000s cover the space, they said they could give me one, so best I can do is a comparison at this point. They asked me to put Spider Farmer in the thread name after I had already received the light so I am just trying to follow through with my side. Follow along if you are interested in my grow, if not no sweat bud. Also happy to change the name if it makes it more clear.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Today was scrog day. I wanted to wait until I had my drip setup, but they needed it before then, the canopy was getting crazy uneven. This is my first time using this particular trellis with the little 2" squares, and I like it so far. There will be one more layer of trellis later on that will just be a support. Do you all think I should flip in a week when I get my drip setup or even sooner? I was thinking of just giving them 2 days or so to recover from the scrog, then flip.
IMG 3576

It was also clone day. I don't have much of a plan if the clones take since I don't have a dedicated veg room, but it will be a good learning experience. They are in 2 inch rockwool cubes soaked in aloe mixed with water. All my humidity domes are all in use in the veggie garden so I am going to try without it.

IMG 3577

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Any thoughts?
My thoughts are with drip emitters going in for the first time, in a month you'll be fighting the scrog to get your irrigation fine tuned properly because you can't move the plants anymore after that. Your space looks pretty open and comfortable so idk i may be wrong.. When I set up my irrigation not being able to move the plants around and get in there would have been rough.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

My thoughts are with drip emitters going in for the first time, in a month you'll be fighting the scrog to get your irrigation fine tuned properly because you can't move the plants anymore after that. Your space looks pretty open and comfortable so idk i may be wrong.. When I set up my irrigation not being able to move the plants around and get in there would have been rough.

Yeah I wanted to wait for the Scrog until after the drip, but I had some plants twice as tall as others, any longer and I would have had alot of trouble getting them under the net. So that ship has sailed, but I can still potentially wait until the drip to flip into flower.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi if you got the cables that hold the light and half them by taking each eye to a anchor point I use both to make sure it’s super strong then rehang from the clips you have gained about 2 to 5 “ it’s very easy to do . Regards OD.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

The drip is mostly setup, it was delivered at around 9:30pm so I will get it buttoned up and tested tomorrow. The cuttings are drooping without a humidity dome, but not as bad as I expected. We will see if they perk back up in a few days.

6ACFF964 40CA 46BA B617 C62E27A8F960
Top Bottom