tCheck2 tester reviews

• Thread starter calkurt73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

calkurt73

Yo, I just bought a 1Chk2 tester and I'm not sure about it's accuracy. My best, stickyest, stoniest, plant tests at "less than 40 % THC. I tried using a more and less alcohol and I tried using a little more and a little less weed and the readings remained steady. When I tried another plant , also stony, It tested "less than 35% THC", no surprises. Lastly I tried some, butane run, concentrate that tested at "less than 99%". Also not too surprising because it came from tasty nugs. I gives a +/- 10% on testing which would put my weed in at 36% thc and 31%thc respectively and the concentrate at 92% using worst case. Anybody have any thoughts or, hopefully are using one that wants to weigh in ?

C

calkurt73

That's why I'm putting it out there. Guess I'll have to spend the hundred and have the weed tested at the lab. 50+ years of smoking tells me the weed is top shelf. Snowman is known to have a high THC content. All that said, I'm still a little reluctant to believe such "pretty fuckin' high" results. Lol

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's why I'm putting it out there. Guess I'll have to spend the hundred and have the weed tested at the lab. 50+ years of smoking tells me the weed is top shelf. Snowman is known to have a high THC content. All that said, I'm still a little reluctant to believe such "pretty fuckin' high" results. Lol
I don't know if the labs can be all that trusted either but it's probably worth it.

Teacherttom

Teacherttom

I used 190 grain and my test were high also, The Thca is what the TCheck reads, went round and round with CS only 5o gave them tell me If I wanted THC readings the fresh buds have to be dcarboxed first or the tester will only show THCA ...which requires at bit of math to convert to THC. Otherwise my test have been pretty close/ well within the 15% ..I'm happy with it so far. But I guess your supposed to use Ethel alchohol? I dont have the expansion kit.. so I may be using the wrong solution. Idk.

C

calkurt73

190 grain bubble hash ? We tested with cured bud using the expansion kit and the Isopropol alcohol they privided.

Teacherttom

Teacherttom

190 grain bubble hash ? We tested with cured bud using the expansion kit and the Isopropol alcohol they privided.
Alcohol 190 proof, also have used 95% isopropyl alcohol.. cured is not dcarbed... have to heat the buds to a temp to activate the thc.(lots of youtube videos) but I mostly use it for testing the bud after Decarboxylation before I use the bud to make an oil. Can test the oil too afterwards....the tem varies I found 200-225 for 30 mins - hr is good fro testing cured bud, havent had much luck with fresh off the plant test.

Last edited:
C

calkurt73

Well, you guys were right. We didn't decarboxylate our weed before testing. After heating our weed to 225f for 1/2 hour we got a reliable reading of 30.2 THC. I read their lit. and it says to use at least 80% alcohol solution. They send a 99% isoplopel alcohol solution with the expansion kit.

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I used 190 grain and my test were high also, The Thca is what the TCheck reads, went round and round with CS only 5o gave them tell me If I wanted THC readings the fresh buds have to be dcarboxed first or the tester will only show THCA ...which requires at bit of math to convert to THC. Otherwise my test have been pretty close/ well within the 15% ..I'm happy with it so far. But I guess your supposed to use Ethel alchohol? I dont have the expansion kit.. so I may be using the wrong solution. Idk.

Labs are pretty much +/- 4-10% so good luck with that. Higher if you want it to be. Have had the same nug broke into 3 tested at 3 different places. it was like a difference of 12 or something between them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom