Teach Grandma CannaDana about growing those stocky plants so she doesn't ruin them.

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaDana

CannaDana

Hi all.

This is my second grow. One of the varieties I'm growing is a short, stocky cultivar, with very short internodal spaces. They are bushy plants, but not tall, and are gaining height at a much slower pace than the other strains I'm growing.

Teach grandma cannadana about growing those stocky plants so she doesnt ruin them
Teach grandma cannadana about growing those stocky plants so she doesnt ruin them 2
Teach grandma cannadana about growing those stocky plants so she doesnt ruin them 3

So I'm wondering what to expect from these squat plants. In my first grow I grew two strains that got pretty big. I was surprised to see that this one strain is so compact. Please teach me.

With plants like these, do you top them more than once? I have topped them once, and my other two strains I topped a second time, but these are already so short and bushy that I'm loathe to top them again. What do you say?

So, do I leave these in veg longer than I would taller strains? Will they grow to 4' tall in a reasonable time before I would flip them?

How do you get the biggest yields from these squattier plants?

I'm a sponge, give me knowledge!

Thanks.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You're right — don't top them again.

Some plants will always be short. The only way to get a big plant out of them is to veg longer. If you want them all on the same schedule, put the shorties on pedestals of some sort to even out the canopy.

If a small plant is something special, I'll keep it and deal with the lower yield. But when I grow from seed, I'm always looking for big plants that produce, as well as the quality of the plant.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi all.

This is my second grow. One of the varieties I'm growing is a short, stocky cultivar, with very short internodal spaces. They are bushy plants, but not tall, and are gaining height at a much slower pace than the other strains I'm growing.

View attachment 1210351View attachment 1210352View attachment 1210353

So I'm wondering what to expect from these squat plants. In my first grow I grew two strains that got pretty big. I was surprised to see that this one strain is so compact. Please teach me.

With plants like these, do you top them more than once? I have topped them once, and my other two strains I topped a second time, but these are already so short and bushy that I'm loathe to top them again. What do you say?

So, do I leave these in veg longer than I would taller strains? Will they grow to 4' tall in a reasonable time before I would flip them?

How do you get the biggest yields from these squattier plants?

I'm a sponge, give me knowledge!

Thanks.
Hi, are they all female plants? males will shoot up and above the rest....

Latest posts

Top Bottom