Teas

• Thread starter Mrniceguy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrniceguy420

Mrniceguy420

I'm experimenting with tea recipies and I'm looking to brew a tea that's going to take me all the way though veg and flower. I'm just transitioning to super soils that I built, but I have some plants in ewc, sphagnum peat moss, topsoil, and lava rock, with no amendments added to the soil, Just a base mix. Anyway, can I just feed compost teas through flower and still get decent results.

I brew my tea with dandelions from the back yard, kelp, alfalfa, crustacean meal, bu's blend bio dynamic compost, ewc, and comfrey. Anything could add, or even remove to improve it?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'm experimenting with tea recipies and I'm looking to brew a tea that's going to take me all the way though veg and flower. I'm just transitioning to super soils that I built, but I have some plants in ewc, sphagnum peat moss, topsoil, and lava rock, with no amendments added to the soil, Just a base mix. Anyway, can I just feed compost teas through flower and still get decent results.

I brew my tea with dandelions from the back yard, kelp, alfalfa, crustacean meal, bu's blend bio dynamic compost, ewc, and comfrey. Anything could add, or even remove to improve it?
im a believer in comfrey,that one plant alone can feed a garden in my opinion,i have it fermented and also a mix of other plants fermented with it,all those sound perfect for tea,i use it in my garden comfrey,handful compost,ewc about 1/4 cup,let her go,right before i feed i put a touch of fish emulsiuons,it seem to take all the foam away,and i just use color of it for when i feed,no scope or nothing here hahahah,but hell ya all that work great,just keep in mind as you get flowers lower that nitrogen level and bring the other 2 up,but dont do away with nitrogen if you dig,thats the only thing i feed one of my gardens,the other garden i feed KNF fermented stuff i made myself,there is a cheap solution to teas and feeds in my opinion,but many dont wont to ferment ,i dont buy food when i can make it,all mine like i said are plants tenders before light i harvest them when im about to cull the plant,hell i got ,sweet potato/comfrey,tomato/comfrey,brocille/comfrey,comfrey /stinging nettle,when the cactus bloom im going to ferment some of it with the comfrey,do esach in seperate buckets,i already tried together and it didnt happen,so try mixing after fermentation hey

Mrniceguy420

Mrniceguy420

Cool. As long as I'm on the right track, I'm going to branch from there. I use to use the advanced nutes line, but I've since sworn off a.n and I'm starting to realize I can brew better stuff at home given the right knowledge. I'm fermenting a large container of aloe right now. I'm experimenting with that as well

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Cool. As long as I'm on the right track, I'm going to branch from there. I use to use the advanced nutes line, but I've since sworn off a.n and I'm starting to realize I can brew better stuff at home given the right knowledge. I'm fermenting a large container of aloe right now. I'm experimenting with that as well
never tried aloe,i mainly ferment hot weather plants ,to help with the stress summer brings,cactus is one i havent mastered yet,i have a buddy across the pound that skin the plant back a little and puts under his plants,seems like it works and makes sense

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I'm using 2 handfulls of composted horse manure to 5 gal rain water and liking the results. I delute it so it looks like weak tea and feed weekly. No scope, I have one just never bothered but I've looked at a lot of pond and aquarium water in the past and expect to pretty much see the same wee beasties. Nature has all the answers we're looking for.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'm using 2 handfulls of composted horse manure to 5 gal rain water and liking the results. I delute it so it looks like weak tea and feed weekly. No scope, I have one just never bothered but I've looked at a lot of pond and aquarium water in the past and expect to pretty much see the same wee beasties. Nature has all the answers we're looking for.
that it does,i have a little family owned bussines here by me,out back they have cows and chickens,they freak out when i ask to clean there holding pen ,for free hahahahha,i make 33 gal at a time,i use one handful manure composted a month or so,then i add 1/4 cup ewc or half handful,if i have any kelp it goes in,which i still havent got hahaah stuff good for micronutrients,then i add 2 cups of what ever fpj i happen to pickup,let her go for about 2 days when my foam starts to turn a amber color i watch it regular,just as the foam turns from the slight amber color to a darker color of amber ,i add fish emulsions,the oil keep me from colors of the foam so i add it last,but anyway i feed my container garden,only once week and they love the shit out of it,rest week just water,there is a lot of N in all that and it has been said all the N will slow fruit setting and tend to add more leaves,i havent found this true with the tea,cause i get a crap load of fruit,now my potato's i add a tad bit more kelp for the extra P K side,only because i keep my ph at 6 in the potato bags,they require there own soil ,when i harvest them ,soil goes right back into bags and covered for spring planting,about mid dec i do a ph and NPK test to make sure im still there and the bags have plenty of holes to keep it from going anerobic. thats all my stuff gets is tea and water,my magic medicine i use KNF all the way,i use the same soil as i use outdoors in my container garden,nothing special just soil i made and often i find myself just using the soil from my totes,the KNF is a all around product of feed and i havent seen any plant that dont like it and thrive,so if it considered being on the bottle nutes,well then so be it,i made all of it myself and it is very concentrated,oh i forgot one thing on my tea,once a month i add 1/4 cup of EM1 to the mix,i make that too,i buy the mother culture and then make a quart at a time,when my ph is 3. to 3.5 it done and goes a long way

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Do dandelions really help? My neighbor has a monstrous species that grows 7 ft tall and looks like a trained plant in full flower. Almost like a thistle dandelion mega tree. What hormones am I looking for here? Kinda afraid to make a tea.

Mrniceguy420

Mrniceguy420

Do dandelions really help? My neighbor has a monstrous species that grows 7 ft tall and looks like a trained plant in full flower. Almost like a thistle dandelion mega tree. What hormones am I looking for here? Kinda afraid to make a tea.
it's a good source of potassium, micro nutrients and vitamin as well. I've seen people use it with good results, and I'm for anything that I can harvest from the back yard.
Screenshot 20190613 130859 Google

Mrniceguy420

Mrniceguy420

So this veg tea I currently have brewing has dandelions raw spinach leaves, brocolli, ewc, biodynamic compost, molasses and comfrey as a veg tea. When I use my tds meter it gives me readings ranging from 560-680. Why am I getting suck a wierd reading. Is it because it needs to brew longer,

Top Bottom