Technaflora Magical 2-0-0 vs GH Calimagic 1-0-0

• Thread starter urijah710420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urijah710420

urijah710420

Which one would you recommend for use with COCO and RO water (0ppm)? My understanding is Technaflora Magical has the more bioavailable forms of calcium in their product whereas GH Calimagic has a lower amount of Nitrogen as it's benefit. So which would/do you use and why?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Which one would you recommend for use with COCO and RO water (0ppm)? My understanding is Technaflora Magical has the more bioavailable forms of calcium in their product whereas GH Calimagic has a lower amount of Nitrogen as it's benefit. So which would/do you use and why?

This looks suspiciously like a cross-post from another weed board, so I will re-post my reply.

Magical is calcium nitrate, calcium chloride, magnesium nitrate, iron EDTA

CaliMagic is calcium carbonate, calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate, iron DPTA

They are very similar. CaliMagic uses carbonate to pull the pH up and has a cheaper iron source soluble at a narrow pH range. Magical uses calcium chloride for use as a better foliar and has a better iron source more suitable at a wider pH range.

For RO/soft water, I would prefer the following recipe for foliar or drench use in veg/transition:

Glow's Cal Mag

Cal-Mag (5 ml/l)
-Measure out 750 ml RO water
-Add 4 grams calcium chloride and stir until fully dissolved
-Add 6 grams magnesium nitrate and stir until fully dissolved
-Add 23 grams calcium nitrate and stir until fully dissolved
-Top up to 1 liter

urijah710420

urijah710420

Hey! Not sure why that's sus? I'm on more than one forum and wanted peoples opinions on both products. I'm currently using magical and am considering switching to calimagic because of the less nitrogen, just looking for opinions and advice thats all... Is cross posting bad or something, just figure not everyone who is a member here is a member on the other site, so the more opinions, experiences with the products would help me make a wiser decision. I really appreciate your responses on both my posts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom