Tell us something unique about your growing style or an admission of something that goes against grower wisdom.

• Thread starter jguit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
View attachment 1240031View attachment 1240032

First time I'm trying this, flowering cuttings pollinated and put in a blooming biased nute mix. Seems like it might work..just want seeds from them. Cut and pollinated 4/16...still alive and cruising and i keep them in 12/12. See if they can make it the full 4 weeks to get seeds lol.
Screenshot 20220505 050704 Gallery

Lol, ive always known seeds can be done in 3 weeks...it's just not the norm on big plants doing everything else to survive and grow. This is 2wks 5d lol!

hillbil

hillbil

So if that is in the same room, what is the advantage over carefully pollinating a bud and wetting it a couple hours later.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
it looks as if the plant has enough nutes in its reserves to pull that stunt ;)
how's the one under the bag doing?
Not so good boss, never recovered full turgidity...so i trimmed them down to smaller stem and trimmed leaves. It perked back up, but i think it very well may have aborted seed production due to the stressing. I see only like 3 immature seeds. So lesson learned right? :)
This shit works, just size your cuttings appropriately.

20220505 071128 copy 1209x1612
Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
So if that is in the same room, what is the advantage over carefully pollinating a bud and wetting it a couple hours later.
Here's the whole backstory, so everyone is on the same page. I test alot outdoors, i sacrifice plants all the time to see what they can take, what i can get...this particular run was testing phenos early spring for morphology and leaf/calyx ratio. They began flowering but i had no intention of pollination at that time or even finishing them. Turns out i found a male trifoliate and that was dropping pollen. So happy coincidence, how can i pollinate this pheno i like, but is about to go into reveg...hocus pocus this is what i hacked up :)
I pollinated them in a different location so no worries there.
So i would follow your strat if i was pure indoor but i have a different set of circumstances. Nice input hillbil

Madmax

Madmax

Have you noticed with some strains that the leaf ratio is more on some outside compared to running them inside mudballs..

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Have you noticed with some strains that the leaf ratio is more on some outside compared to running them inside mudballs..
No i can't definitively say i have. I'm very apprehensive to get into the genetics vs. environment thing but there is such a thing as pheno variance based on environment...i just haven't personally witnessed it.

Madmax

Madmax

I ran a pk of jeff paynes dude your drooling and his charlies stank ass indoors and had some extras left over in same media and fed same nutes the charlies was leafy outdoors but inside were more bud per leaf ratio..maybe it was just one of the many phenotypes of that strain..once i trimmed though there was some nice buds.
Screenshot 20220506 004812
Screenshot 20220506 004743

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
I ran a pk of jeff paynes dude your drooling and his charlies stank ass indoors and had some extras left over in same media and fed same nutes the charlies was leafy outdoors but inside were more bud per leaf ratio..maybe it was just one of the many phenotypes of that strain..once i trimmed though there was some nice buds.View attachment 1241932View attachment 1241933
That's where we could get into Mendel's pea experiment and Punnit Square...depends all on parents and how far breeder took that to stabilize...it takes a lot to make something homogeneous and stop pheno variances from showing up.

Top Bottom