Tell us something unique about your growing style or an admission of something that goes against grower wisdom.

• Thread starter jguit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

I do 5 gallon DWC without any air stones.

I put fresh aloe solution in the reservoir at times of stress.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I noticed I top feed a lot for hydroponics causing excessive roots too grow. I do have too stop at some point or I just grow roots.

C

chronic2

The wisdom between store bought and home grown is that I can't tell the difference between a high nurtured environment vs. out in the yard growing under the sun with nothing but water. The time, money, chemicals, equipment to take it to an art form? All that effort and both go down just as smooth. You get just as high if any.

Signed,
Willie Nelson Puffing Club

sambapati

sambapati

The wisdom between store bought and home grown is that I can't tell the difference between a high nurtured environment vs. out in the yard growing under the sun with nothing but water. The time, money, chemicals, equipment to take it to an art form? All that effort and both go down just as smooth. You get just as high if any.

Signed,
Willie Nelson Puffing Club
I resemble that remark.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I resemble that remark.
For real? I’m not even acting snobbish but I really notice a difference. I don’t deny anyones experience but Im intrigued by how different someone’s experience can be. I’d even admit
to a potential psychological effect Im unaware of because of bias (grow indoors) but I just can’t get down with outdoor.

sambapati

sambapati

For real? I’m not even acting snobbish but I really notice a difference. I don’t deny anyones experience but Im intrigued by how different someone’s experience can be. I’d even admit
to a potential psychological effect Im unaware of because of bias (grow indoors) but I just can’t get down with outdoor.
Well things have sure changed and will continue to change in this evolving world of weed growing. What were vices are now habits. Used to be we would never smoke a doobie alone, we waited to be with our buddies, turned on Kung Fu and got into a medicated meditative groove. Now I bet more people smoke alone than with a group. I think this changes the dynamics of the stone and people's experience. I remember my friend Billy driving up on a median because he thought the police were after him and how hard we laughed afterwards. Now nothing is that funny. 'Homegrown' weed was the bottom basement stuff most people didn't want and it smelled funny. But now the 'hydro hobbyists' are tracking genetic advances to move the needle of people's weed experience. I believe that the cost of electric power will drive more and more growers outdoors because of the economic incentive. When/if that happens there will be accompanying advances invented by the 'new' outdoor folk. That is a virtuous cycle. My dad used to drive to Rochester NY (then Kodak HQ) to get them to develop his pictures claiming only they really knew what they were doing. Now everyone is a photographer and we have digital photographs offering POTM.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Well things have sure changed and will continue to change in this evolving world of weed growing. What were vices are now habits. Used to be we would never smoke a doobie alone, we waited to be with our buddies, turned on Kung Fu and got into a medicated meditative groove. Now I bet more people smoke alone than with a group. I think this changes the dynamics of the stone and people's experience. I remember my friend Billy driving up on a median because he thought the police were after him and how hard we laughed afterwards. Now nothing is that funny. 'Homegrown' weed was the bottom basement stuff most people didn't want and it smelled funny. But now the 'hydro hobbyists' are tracking genetic advances to move the needle of people's weed experience. I believe that the cost of electric power will drive more and more growers outdoors because of the economic incentive. When/if that happens there will be accompanying advances invented by the 'new' outdoor folk. That is a virtuous cycle. My dad used to drive to Rochester NY (then Kodak HQ) to get them to develop his pictures claiming only they really knew what they were doing. Now everyone is a photographer and we have digital photographs offering POTM.
I understand. I really do. Not even trying to spark up the debate. I too believe the cost of electricity could eliminate the viability of indoor. Also great point about how innovation will shift to the outdoor growers and the quality will eventually rise. My contention is that I believe there is a big difference between indoor and outdoor quality atm. And I don’t think it has anything to do with hydro vs. organic. It’s just a control thing. I know I’m preaching to the choir here so I’ll end. But lastly I think u’d be surprised how many young heads share your sentiment. Not everyone is seeking disgustingly high THC numbers and dabbing alone in their moms basement playing COD.

Last edited:
BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

I grow in soil, in fabric pots, on ebb & flow tables that I flood to feed the plants. Everyone says you can’t/not to but it’s working great for me with no issues.

E9noxis

E9noxis

I grow in soil, in fabric pots, on ebb & flow tables that I flood to feed the plants. Everyone says you can’t/not to but it’s working great for me with no issues.
I just got one of those tubs. Explain to me how you use yours.

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

I just got one of those tubs. Explain to me how you use yours.

• I have a 3x3 table & 20 gallon reservoir inside a 3x3 tent.
  • I use 1 gallon iPower fabric pots, miraclegro potting soil + 30% perlite.
  • Jacks 321 fertilizer and Agsil 16H potassium silicate.
  • I flood the table 1 time a day when the lights come on for 15 minutes.

Really that’s it. If you need more details just ask.

7EDDD9B9 52E9 4BFE ADDA 451AC65AA424

1310B0B5 80C7 4920 9E78 0B0E06A2420A

TSD

TSD

It's possible to grow high quality outdoor, there are growers on this very forum that do a bang up job... the problem is, that it's a lot more work outdoors because there are so many factors out of your control that you have to mitigate... You're not God of your grow like inside. I personally prefer outdoor because the sun just adds something special to those terpenes and the taste and smell is hard to top... but I've always been an outdoor grower and gardener, so that's just my jam. But yeah, if you chuck a plant outside and come back for it in the fall, it's probably gonna be low quality, if it's alive at all. If you baby your ladies and show them love, try to keep the bugs at bay, keep them fed and pruned, they will return the favor and give you delicious nugs and not contribute to your electric bill.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
It's possible to grow high quality outdoor, there are growers on this very forum that do a bang up job... the problem is, that it's a lot more work outdoors because there are so many factors out of your control that you have to mitigate... You're not God of your grow like inside. I personally prefer outdoor because the sun just adds something special to those terpenes and the taste and smell is hard to top... but I've always been an outdoor grower and gardener, so that's just my jam. But yeah, if you chuck a plant outside and come back for it in the fall, it's probably gonna be low quality, if it's alive at all. If you baby your ladies and show them love, try to keep the bugs at bay, keep them fed and pruned, they will return the favor and give you delicious nugs and not contribute to your electric bill.
Lol. Yes I frequent this website far tooo much so I see a lot of the indoor and outdoor grows. I see your stuff @TSD. For real, great job. But once again people are just too sensitive to their own viewpoint. I never once said you cant grow quality outdoor. Nor did I ever say outdoor growers just chuck seeds in the ground and return later, befuddled and angry about the quality. I don't grow indoors because I have a God complex. I grow indoors because of my background. Go ahead and laugh Academia,, and PHARMA. I am a scientist so I wanna control as many variables as possible. Not because I wanna be god but because I believe it is the best way to produce quality results. To act like it takes no ability or micromanaging or "love" to operate indoors in just silly. I don't mind you saying you like growing outdoors because the sun adds something to your terpenes.. But I am one of the people who wants to know if that is actually true... and if so why? Will there ever be a meeting of the minds in relation to growing cannabis. The assault on science goes too far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom