Temp/humidity control questions for newbie

• Thread starter ErthnGarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ErthnGarden

ErthnGarden

Hello I'm new here :)

I have a 32x32 grow tent in a storage room on my patio. With the light on and no air circulation (except the fans on the light) temp/humidity stay steady at 75-78 and 45-60%.
But obviously the plants need air circulation, when the exhaust is running the temp/humidity are going down. Do I need to run a heater and humidifier in the storage room? Or in the tent?
Best practices for maintaining temp/humidity?

Thank you! I'm new!

Last edited:
thedubside

thedubside

definitely humidifier in the tent. you could test out heater in the storage room and monitor temps if space is tight in tent. I have a heater in the tent with a thermostat so it turns off and on as needed to maintain the temp you want. once you get it dialled in its pretty effective. just need to tinker about with all 3 to get the best environment. your exhaust is going outside? have you tried running it with the exhaust fan to see how far levels drop? either way an oil heater wih thermostat and humidifier with humidistat will solve your problems

and welcome! :)

ErthnGarden

ErthnGarden

definitely humidifier in the tent. you could test out heater in the storage room and monitor temps if space is tight in tent. I have a heater in the tent with a thermostat so it turns off and on as needed to maintain the temp you want. once you get it dialled in its pretty effective. just need to tinker about with all 3 to get the best environment. your exhaust is going outside? have you tried running it with the exhaust fan to see how far levels drop? either way an oil heater wih thermostat and humidifier with humidistat will solve your problems

and welcome! :)
Exhaust is just letting out into the room. I am able to exhaust out of the room if needed. Gonna play around today. Thank you!!
Katie

ErthnGarden

ErthnGarden

Have exhaust fan on, letting out into room. Bottom vent on tent is open and I have a humidifier running inside the grow tent.
Temp is at 77 and humidity at 60%. Do I keep humidifier running 24/7? Right now I have 4 seedlings on 24/0 light schedule. Will switch to 18/6 in a week or so I think. When light is off do i keep exhaust fan and humidifier on?

thedubside

thedubside

Have exhaust fan on, letting out into room. Bottom vent on tent is open and I have a humidifier running inside the grow tent.
Temp is at 77 and humidity at 60%. Do I keep humidifier running 24/7? Right now I have 4 seedlings on 24/0 light schedule. Will switch to 18/6 in a week or so I think. When light is off do i keep exhaust fan and humidifier on?
would be better to exhaust outside if possible or you'll be recirculating the same air instead of bringing in fresh. yeah keep the humidity always high for now, always keep it on, temps should drop a little for lights off.

ErthnGarden

ErthnGarden

would be better to exhaust outside if possible or you'll be recirculating the same air instead of bringing in fresh. yeah keep the humidity always high for now, always keep it on, temps should drop a little for lights off.
Omg thank you so much!
Katie

Top Bottom