"Temple Ball" Falls Apart After Working

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Hi fellows.

Using bubble hash, 73u (the middle size out of 3 mesh sizes used). Using hot wine bottle and parchment paper method.

It seems like when I first start to press with heat, everything melts together in a nice solid chocolate color. Following directions, I folded up and pressed 4 more times maybe; 20 min. Using about 13g source material.

After the final few pressings, the mass would barely stay together. Trying to manipulate it and roll into a ball with hot hands caused more harm than good. It was like a pie crust that was not fully mixed: broke into small pieces easily and barely sticky. I decided to stop pressing and roll into final ball.

End product is a ball shape with grooves from where pieces and chunks were pushed back in. With very hot hands out is pretty solid when tightly in a Saran wrap wrapper, where it is now. (I've since tried to compress it again in my hand and it split)

Perhaps too much plant material mixed in? They should be dry. (Spent 2 days at 55 deg F and 30 pct humidity after microplaning). Too much pressing? Anyone know what happened, or anyway to fix? Thanks

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

(Since I got time, here is a better description of problem): first 2 pressings with hot water in glass, worked well, formed almost a solid mass, and was pliable. Far from liquidy. Folded up okay.

After the latter pressing, maybe 3, when I tried to fold the flat pancake it broke. Left pieces on parchment (I used new sheets every time). Pressed again, flattened out okay, but seemed like it was getting harder maybe(?). When I folded it this time it barely stayed in one piece. It was not as sticky, hard to grab up loose pieces.

I thought of I press it again more heat make it more pliable. It didn't want to melt well. I flattened it best I could and tried to get into ball shape.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

whats your precursor material like? how was it treated and how long was it stored before spinning out? what was your spinning process?

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Umm... This is dried "bubble hash" , kief collected from ice water, 73u size.

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

It is collected from dried and frozen trim, not old. The bubble hash itself was collected 3-4 days ago and has been sitting in upstairs winter attic to dry.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

pfffttt, that gives me nothing to work off of yo. Look here if you let your trim sit around bone dry in trash bags for 6months in your closet all of your oils will have evaporated leaving you with sandy keif that will never compress. Your hash will only be as good as you treated your pre cursor material. Over forzen material will result in loss of oils. Check out Frenchy Canoli on youtube he has a hour film on hash. But pretty much if you cant roll out a ball with your methods your hash has too much plant matter, or you didn't take care of your beginning material allowing it to lose its oils......

73u? did you actually spin bubble or did you do a dry ice shake or sumthin?

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

It was made with ice water. It is actually the same mesh size of 4 different unknown plants collected together. The trim was pretty dry but had never been frozen except for right before bubble run. The trim was maybe 2 weeks old(?)

Thank you for your expertise.

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

PXL 20210212 003734116

Here is a picture. I don't think it is as dark in person. Is there anything I can do to fix? Thank you and sorry for my poor English.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

you can try compressing it but like i said if your trichomes lose their oils then your hash will never become sticky. theres no replacing those oils. next time vac seal your trim ASAP and make sure to keep it hydrated for best outcome.

Top Bottom