Tempreture at csnopy level what should it be?

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Does anyone know what tempreture I should aim for taking reading at canopy level? 77-78f or 80-82 or something else lol?

When people say they keep the room at 75-77f wher would the be taking reading from my floor is about 70-75f
Just above pot was 74-76f
And where would the be placing the fan thermo stat, mine handing canopy level same place and wall thermostats in pics below.

I have a laser heat gun for leaf temps I been aiming for leaf temp about 75-77
iv read 80-85 and 75-77 and even 72-77 , any one know a good range to aim for leaf temps this one is new to me

I use to use a 600 watt hps light
Lately if Been testing led, I was running temps for led at 73-74f 75max good results buy cost a fortune as I needed to heat room up to get leaf temps up

Now I'm using how and led mix, i have a 275watt hps, and 2x150 led 1 either side of the hps, in a 4x4 tent
I have my themostat for the fan set to 26c, room canopy level in wall says 79-81

The plants looks ok not 100% great some sort of funny leaf heat stress maybe, I have a dimmable ballast I did have 400 watt hps and led going now I'm on 275wat how and led

Tempreture at csnopy level what should it be 4
Tempreture at csnopy level what should it be
Tempreture at csnopy level what should it be 2
Tempreture at csnopy level what should it be 3
Tempreture at csnopy level what should it be 5
Tempreture at csnopy level what should it be 6
Tempreture at csnopy level what should it be 7
Tempreture at csnopy level what should it be 8

Ph 007

Ph 007

Anyone?

Would this work putting the fan thermostat at canopy level and setting the fan 24c-25c that's 75-77f
So if I set at 24.5c that's 76f the fan would kick in at 76f so it would keep the canopy leaves near 75-77f as the fan thermostat is set to thst and getting the same heat ad the canopy leaves no matter what light you use, or is this not good logic lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well i never let the canopy (sensors right over canopy under lamps) get over 77 degrees farenheight. But led users say they need more like 82. I am guessing the hps will add enough radiant heat so i would keep temps in between 74 and 78 degrees.

Ph 007

Ph 007

iv used 600 watt hps for years setting fan at 75-77f and the fan thermometre was at canopy level and I always had thermometer at csnopy level aswell but this would read about 77-78 and often bounce to 80 , I have sorta forgot what temps I use to run as if done so many experiments lately I do remember tho 24-25c on the fan I always used, just forgot what well would stay I'm starring to learn the plastic thermometer hold heat in the plastic housing it's in, so makes sense why I got the 80 reading.

I did do a pure led for 3 grows i had good yield i had fan set at 28.5c wall thermometer would read 83-84 85 max
But if what I'm.syaing about fan thermostats is right theb I was running my led a bit hot , God knows they grew great tho just cost to much to heat my tent with a oil radiator , so mixed it up.now hps and led

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I use a cheap IR twmp gun and take multiple readings through the canopy. I bring my rooms temps up to where I need to hit about 77-80f leaf temos because I run Co2 but ideally 75-77f.

I chexk the readings periodically once set and if making adjustments to fans etc since those can also affect leaf temps

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

iv used 600 watt hps for years setting fan at 75-77f and the fan thermometre was at canopy level and I always had thermometer at csnopy level aswell but this would read about 77-78 and often bounce to 80 , I have sorta forgot what temps I use to run as if done so many experiments lately I do remember tho 24-25c on the fan I always used, just forgot what well would stay I'm starring to learn the plastic thermometer hold heat in the plastic housing it's in, so makes sense why I got the 80 reading.

I did do a pure led for 3 grows i had good yield i had fan set at 28.5c wall thermometer would read 83-84 85 max
But if what I'm.syaing about fan thermostats is right theb I was running my led a bit hot , God knows they grew great tho just cost to much to heat my tent with a oil radiator , so mixed it up.now hps and led

I am worried about the same thing if i switch to led. I use my hps growroom to help heat my house in winter.

Running a heater during lights on would eat up profits on any extra weed grown under the led’s.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am worried about the same thing if i switch to led. I use my hps growroom to help heat my house in winter.

Running a heater during lights on would eat up profits on any extra weed grown under the led’s.
Possibly but you would only be heating to where you need. If you are too warm in the room you will save but also gain more even leaf temps throughout the plant since they are not so heavily influenced by IR and more so ambient temps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom