Tent City Files. Secret Jardin 10x10 with 6k

• Thread starter Sway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sway

growmaster-
yea you can get them pre-charged no problem... im not sure if u have as many options though to switch between flex line and hard line... havent looked into that part... in the past i have just bought the units and wired them up and plumb it with flex hose, then have my hvac buddy come and pull a vacuum on the system and charge it..its super easy, i have the gauges to do it, just not the proper vacuum pump

and yes i run a soilless hydro setup...

S

Sway

yea ive flowered out the banana and the pure several times.. both are real nice, yield about the same too. nice chunky kush nugs. the banana reeks of banana fuel. and the pure is like a super minty kush smell... both are real potent and lovely top shelf herb

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
thanks man...

my lights are ducted to suck outside air through the lights and right out of the room, using a 10inch vortex. this fan runs continuously while the lights are on, effectively aircooling the 6 lights.

then i have a main exhaust thats a 10 inch vortex hooked up to a carbon filter that sucks inside the room and dumps the air out. this fan is on a cycle, and runs for 6 minutes on, 15 minutes off. this gives time for the air conditioner to cool and dehumidify the room, while not having to fight the exhaust. the room is cooled by a 18,000btu mini split LG unit. the photos dont show the ac.
Such a dope setup Sway!!! :tongueout Initially I was considering GrowLab 145L, but now I want a Secret Jardin DR300W to run two lights (1000W and my 600W). Any suggestions on Fans and Filters for that setup with the potential upgrade of 2000W total?

I was thinking of either a 6" HO Can or their 8" Max Fan, and attach a Can 99 filter at the other end... Then use two 6" AC hoods with the 1000W in a Magnum XXXL. :thinking

BTW, do you think the Silver Edition HydroHut is better than the Secret Jardin? Here's a grow tent review that I found:

H

hbstoner

BTW, do you think the Silver Edition HydroHut is better than the Secret Jardin? Here's a grow tent review that I found:

In an earlier post he did tell me that the silver editions 10x10's were going to be awesome. Im still looking into them and im just worried about the zippers. Ive read a bunch of places that the zippers are really weak in the hydro huts. Thats the only thing stopping me from buying one as soon as they come out at this point.

S

Sway

hey guys, the hydro hut zippers are way tougher then the secret jardins. the hydro hut silver edition is the best tent quality wise. they just dont make a 10x10 yet thats why i run the secret jardin cuz its the next best thing. but when the 10x10 silver edition comes out im gonna switch out my secret jardin for one.

shady, i would run your two lights on a 8 inch fan sucking outside air and going right back out of the room. then run a 6 or 8 inch fan on a carbon filter thats set on a timer for 5 min. on 10 min off. this way your ac is not being over worked and your temps will stay much more dialed in with a much lower power bill. hooking your carbon filter up to the lights and using it all as one exhaust/air cooling, is NOT the way to set up an air cooled light system. hope this helps...

just remember to keep your lights on their own ducting/fan system thats running all the time when the lights are on. you wont have to scrub the air going through the lights since its just sucking air from outside, through the lights, and right back out. even if its 120 degrees outside, you will still be actively cooling your lights substantially.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
just remember to keep your lights on their own ducting/fan system thats running all the time when the lights are on. you wont have to scrub the air going through the lights since its just sucking air from outside, through the lights, and right back out. even if its 120 degrees outside, you will still be actively cooling your lights substantially.
Thx for the confirmation Sway! I don't want to hijack your thread, but I will def need to rethink my options since I can only exhaust to my attic and would have to remove a fixed window for fresh air intake... :thinking

S

Sway

Thx for the confirmation Sway! I don't want to hijack your thread, but I will def need to rethink my options since I can only exhaust to my attic and would have to remove a fixed window for fresh air intake... :thinking

...or cut a hole. live on the edge :)

S

Sway

ok guys, sorry its been so long without an update. im gonna shoot some new photos tonight.. next run is lagging behind because ive been so busy at other spots and helpin friends trim and such... so stay tuned, all the clones for next run are rooted and ready to go. pictures coming tonight

S

Sway

heres some better photos of how the lights are hooked up and the exhaust is setup... room will be filled with plants next week.

DSC00602
DSC00603
DSC00604
DSC00606
DSC00611
DSC00612
DSC00613
S

Sway

heres the next run for this location...
15 banana og kush
15 e32 arcata trainwreck

then a few random single plants of..
sour og kush
shmoes casey jones
sour cali
Chemdog D
Chemdog #4
cush

:party0023:

DSC00617
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I love the setup Sway! Thx for the ventilation Picts... And I'm diggin' your new lineup! :cool

mace

mace

Looking good, Sway! Can't wait to see the grow pictures on that og banana

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
this will be fun to watch! GO SWAY

P

pokerman

nice clean setup bro....i was wonderin how ur filter was setup....is it ducted jus straight out the top or is it connected to the lights with the exhaust thats goin out?

S

Sway

......straight out of the room, the lights are on their own fan and ductwork

E

edux10

i dont see any wall fans to move the air around. how do you get away without using oscillating fans?

Top Bottom