TENT GROWING. Questions and need help

• Thread starter Medusa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
So I have decided to put up a large tent Beings always popping new seeds sick of then contaminating my harvest. With herms. Not into unplanned babies. Talk to me I have no clue on ventilation for one. Thanks M

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

Depending on the tent, they usually have several holes ready (that's what she said). Use the flex ducting and a cool tube leave one end open and use it to exhaust your room into a charcoal scrubber. For my intake I used an ac vent from the house modded directly into the hole nearest the floor of the tent.

I've used tents with great success, and I'm sure you'll be able to as well. Good luck!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
What size light ? Thinking 600. Do u use fans in them. Thank you

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

For the smallest tent I had which was 3x3x8 I ran a 600 and it was fine the way I described it. I tried to scale up to 3x6x8 and put in two 1ks and the heat was too much because I didn't have a dedicated AC.

I've gone back to a regular room now, because the height constrictions were my biggest issue.

S

ssteely71

Im a tent guy. I love my SecretJardin 4x8. I only use half of it with a 600w lamp. But a few quick tips:

Your air intake should be twice what your exhaust is. EXMPL: If you exhaust with a 6'' duct fan, use two 6'' intakes. If using C02 its different.

Lots of airflow . I use a full size fan for top of canopy and a smaller fan for circulation under the canopy.

My tent not light tight. So I completely draped my tent in blackout plastic.Clipping the plastic to the frame with little clamps and cutting out door entries.

USE A FLOOD TRAY SO YOU DON'T FLOOD OUT YOUR TENT LIKE I DID LOL.( it was an epic fail.)

Best of luck!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Im a tent guy. I love my SecretJardin 4x8. I only use half of it with a 600w lamp. But a few quick tips:

Your air intake should be twice what your exhaust is. EXMPL: If you exhaust with a 6'' duct fan, use two 6'' intakes. If using C02 its different.

Lots of airflow . I use a full size fan for top of canopy and a smaller fan for circulation under the canopy.

My tent not light tight. So I completely draped my tent in blackout plastic.Clipping the plastic to the frame with little clamps and cutting out door entries.

USE A FLOOD TRAY SO YOU DON'T FLOOD OUT YOUR TENT LIKE I DID LOL.( it was an epic fail.)

Best of luck!
Yah I have rooms but think this would work great to test in and keep my other harvest seperated or it's time to stop testing beans and I enjoy that too much

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Or doesn't pay the light bill though

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
In case you did not see this old thread,
Here is an excellent thread by @GrowMaster . He does up a tent nicely with DIY filter boxes, a bed, etc.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/10x10-sog-tentgrow.16355/

@ssteely71 excellent point about intake size.
If you go with a passive intake (passive=no inline fan on intake), ideally should be 5x as big as the surface of your extraction duct. That will reduce pressure/air speeds and make the cooling more efficient. Active intake will reduce the size of your intake.

Do you have a way to bring in air from the outside and then back outside? window etc.

Air into hoods and then out.
then use air cooling or an ac to keep the temps good.

Have done a carbon filter then through hoods and out. Was not enough to cool once temps got past low 70's.
The new gorilla tents are looking nice.

Hope that helps

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
In case you did not see this old thread,
Here is an excellent thread by @GrowMaster . He does up a tent nicely with DIY filter boxes, a bed, etc.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/10x10-sog-tentgrow.16355/

@ssteely71 excellent point about intake size.
If you go with a passive intake (passive=no inline fan on intake), ideally should be 5x as big as the surface of your extraction duct. That will reduce pressure/air speeds and make the cooling more efficient. Active intake will reduce the size of your intake.

Do you have a way to bring in air from the outside and then back outside? window etc.

Air into hoods and then out.
then use air cooling or an ac to keep the temps good.

Have done a carbon filter then through hoods and out. Was not enough to cool once temps got past low 70's.
The new gorilla tents are looking nice.

Hope that helps
Yes can vent outside that's how my veg room is would be set up outside that. Cool will ck thread out

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

Another vote for the Gorilla. .I just picked up one of the 4*8 gorilla 'lite' edition tents and after getting it set up I couldn't be happier with it. The roof height extention is tits, and the main reason I went with the gorilla. It will allow me 2 run DE 1000s, and keep the light a good 40" away from the tops.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Another vote for the Gorilla. .I just picked up one of the 4*8 gorilla 'lite' edition tents and after getting it set up I couldn't be happier with it. The roof height extention is tits, and the main reason I went with the gorilla. It will allow me 2 run DE 1000s, and keep the light a good 40" away from the tops.
What are we talking price

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Yah I could build another room for 50o and bigger. Thinkin. Maybe Seattle cup will have a deal on some. Although my grow shop gives me 20 percent off

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Ya have seen them before. Old site I used to go to had a thread just for selling equipment too bad not here

S

ssteely71

Ya have seen them before. Old site I used to go to had a thread just for selling equipment too bad not here
Try craigslist in your area under garden/farming items for sale if your into used equipment.
Here in LA you could equip a whole room from craigslist easily. Best of luck !

DC105

DC105

Gorilla is worth the $ M. You will never have to worry about lights falling. It's as sturdy ad it gets. Talk to Power OG or TStew313. Anytime a 250lb man can hang from one with no regards to collapsing, it's well worth the extra $. I use a 400 cfm fan and it's plenty to pull 2 1000wts.

Top Bottom