Tent Size Efficiency

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

hey,

I’m curious is it a waste of light and energy if you are using lights suited for a 3x3 grow space in a 4x4 grow space? I want a 4x4 tent but only use 9 square feet. I want the extra square footage to have room to water and have fans etc but is this a waste of light efficiency by doing so?

315to420

You can, but from personal experience, I take those guides lightly. In a 3x3, I would recommend a light suited for 4x4, but it depends on light type, wattage and most importantly, PAR readings.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

hey,

I’m curious is it a waste of light and energy if you are using lights suited for a 3x3 grow space in a 4x4 grow space? I want a 4x4 tent but only use 9 square feet. I want the extra square footage to have room to water and have fans etc but is this a waste of light efficiency by doing so?
I say go for it, if that's what you want. I got a 5x5 for the same reason. I don't quite utilize all my space, just so I can move around better in there. I dunno, you may lose a little light efficiency because the walls are further apart and therefore reflect less light back at the plants. But it's worth it to me.

xinobyte

xinobyte

I wouldn't suggest anything under 4x4.

3x3x6 doesn't give you enough ceiling space and isn't wide enough to hang everything unless you use a cooltube without reflector. The filter + fan + light is gonna take away 2-3ft of height leaving you with only 3ft of real estate.

Not ideal at all, the 4x4 tents usually give you 7-8ft to work with which is far better.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I use the 2x4 of my 4x4 tent at the moment. And in the rest of it i grow cress, sage, artichokes, aloe and some cucumbers and one tomatoe plant for experimenting.
The light is hanging over that 2x4 area where i grow cannabis, 500w led and the light thats is getting wasted is enough to grow all these plants on the other 2x4. They are very healthy too.
So yeah you’ll lose some light but i use it to grow other plants so its not actually wasted, also i don’t like to cram the plants in there and compromise efficent airflow. Being able to move freely in the grow tent is a bonus too. If you don’t need the yields, you don’t need to fill the space.

Last edited:
Naturalx

Naturalx

I use the 2x4 of my 4x4 tent at the moment. And in the rest of it i grow cress, sage, artichokes, aloe and some cucumbers and one tomatoe plant for experimenting.
The light is hanging over that 2x4 area where i grow cannabis, 500w led and the light thats is getting wasted is enough to grow all these plants on the other 2x4. They are very healthy too.
So yeah you’ll lose some light but i use it to grow other plants so no problem, also i don’t like to cram the plants in there and compromise efficent airflow. Also being able to move freely in the grow tent is a bonus imo. If you don’t need the yields, you don’t need to fill the space.
Which light are you currently using if you don’t mind me asking.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Which light are you currently using if you don’t mind me asking.

Its a diy fixture. 18 cxb1830s. You can find the pics on the 2nd link in my signature.

Latest posts

Top Bottom