Tent temp+humidity regulation advice

• Thread starter AnomalousGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnomalousGrows

AnomalousGrows

Sooo I just recently picked up a 2x2x4 VIVOSUN sun pro grow kit. I a few hours before typing this, I put my germinated seed it in a 4in pot of fox farm happy frog with some added perlite and dynomyco for good measure. I watered it and put a bag over it and put it in the tent with my lights at 100%, at the height you see in the pic. However, ever since I turned that light on the temperature hovers around 80 degrees, which isn’t bad for right now but i know it will be a problem later in flower. I’m running the VIVOSUN 100w areolight that came with the kit. My exhaust fan outside, next to the tent so it can pull the hot air out but it doesn’t seem to be working. Also whenever I turn the fan on the humidity drops of course.

I say all of that to ask if anyone has any advice on how to better regulate the humidity and temperature in my tent 😩

Tent temphumidity regulation advice
Newty

Newty

Where are you measuring temp, like how far from the light? Your plant should not come within 12-18 inches of your light so take temp from that distance.

What size is your exhaust and what speed are you running it at?
Is your exhaust fan pulling air out the top of the tent or the bottom?

You have at least 1 of the passive intake flaps open?

Did you take temp with your clip on fans running also?

If you can't get temps lowered, you could try an intake fan to suck air into the tent rather then being pulled. You could of course also run an air conditioner in the same room as your tent.

Last edited:
Newty

Newty

Forgot to add this,
For humidity the only thing I've found to work is a humidifier. I've tried sponges, buckets of water, towels, etc but nothing works better and takes less work then just getting a humidifier.

I prefer the humidifiers that have a tube that hooks to the top and goes into the grow tent, this way you save space and don't have to put a humidifier in your tent.

AnomalousGrows

AnomalousGrows

Where are you measuring temp, like how far from the light? Your plant should not come within 12-18 inches of your light so take temp from that distance.

What size is your exhaust and what speed are you running it at?
Is your exhaust fan pulling air out the top of the tent or the bottom?

You have at least 1 of the passive intake flaps open?

Did you take temp with your clip on fans running also?

If you can't get temps lowered, you could try an intake fan to suck air into the tent rather then being pulled. You could of course also run an air conditioner in the same room as your tent.
I’m getting the inside temps from my smart grow monitor there’s a temperature probe hanging in the tent but I believe the light is like 3 feet away from the plant
My exhaust is 4 inches and I’m tryin to keep it quiet so I’m running it at like 4 or 5 and it’s pulling from the top of the tent
Since posting I opened both the passive flaps and it did help some I’ve also been tryin to control the temp in my room to see if that would help I’ve managed to get it stabilized around 82 degrees but of course the humidity is dropping so I’ll probably take your advice and invest in a humidifier lol

Newty

Newty

Where exactly is the temperature probe? Is is it hanging a little below the light? Is it right next to your plant? I'm just trying to see exactly where you are taking your temp and humidity readings.

Definitely get a humidifier, cool mist will help lower temps as well.

Newty

Newty

You don't need your light on 100% right now either. Once your seeds break ground, you are going to want only 100-300 ppfd which may only be at 25% light power. Lower your light setting and temp will drop.

Download the Photone app on your phone also.

Newty

Newty

Huh am sure i just a replied to this thread 😕 do you have two the same or did I smoke to much tonight
😱😂
I just got done smoking and I'm not even sure if you're really here right now man

AnomalousGrows

AnomalousGrows

Where exactly is the temperature probe? Is is it hanging a little below the light? Is it right next to your plant? I'm just trying to see exactly where you are taking your temp and humidity readings.

Definitely get a humidifier, cool mist will help lower temps as well.
It’s a kinda in between the plant and light and yea I’m gonna get one hopefully soon lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom