Terpenez. The Real Deal?

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Sounds like it's just potassium sulfate with some added essential oils, I believe that shit smells like pinesol, so most likely using pinene and limonene as a source for "Terpz"

I'm sure it will add some benefits to your grow, but will most likely make every strain you grow with it taste like it smells, some people dig that, some don't. I'd prefer a heavy dose of linalool if I had any say.

Munch517

Munch517

I'm doing my first grow with this stuff, I'm not doing any control for comparison though. I've heard good things from everyone who has tried one of these products, I've talked to people who'v used Terpenez, Terpinator and another that I don't remember the name of. I'm interested in seeing if anyone else has done or ends up doing a controlled test, maybe I will next time.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

I just use Methyl Jasmonate, same idea as most ripeners, and only need to use once, 25ppm at 3 weeks pre harvest is all that is needed. Great insurance for a pest free ripening stage as well.

A lot of these "terp enhancers/ripeners" only have to label ingredients that provide nutritional value.

My guess is that you'll get the same results adding 2 drops lemongrass oil and 50 ppm of Florel per gallon of water, once a week, 3 weeks prior to flush. Would save a shit ton of cash in the long run. Have never worked with any of these products but understand they command a bit of dough. My two cents anyways...

THCMonster

THCMonster

Terpenez is a really good product! Its basically a bottle of premium sugars and terpenes to increase Terpene, and resin amount, and slighty add more weight, but the weight is not much different then adding something like molasses. Its a much more complex combination of sugars for enhancement. Instead of just sucrose you get from molasses, you also get maltose, dextrose, fructose, and glucose all in one!

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Nice to know there is something else in those bottles. Sure your bennies will welcome the fructose with open arms, not sure what the advantages of all the others would be over your commonly used sucrose.

Most folks just use Sucanat and a freshly squeezed orange for sucrose and fructose needs...

Regardless I've learned that these products aren't just "snake oil" and do serve a purpose. I'd rather just make my own, or realize I already utilize some of this stuff with items I've been taught to use in my prior growing practices.

Munch517

Munch517

I just use Methyl Jasmonate, same idea as most ripeners, and only need to use once, 25ppm at 3 weeks pre harvest is all that is needed. Great insurance for a pest free ripening stage as well.

A lot of these "terp enhancers/ripeners" only have to label ingredients that provide nutritional value.

My guess is that you'll get the same results adding 2 drops lemongrass oil and 50 ppm of Florel per gallon of water, once a week, 3 weeks prior to flush. Would save a shit ton of cash in the long run. Have never worked with any of these products but understand they command a bit of dough. My two cents anyways...

I think I paid maybe $25 for a quart of Terpenez and it recommends 3-8 ml per gallon through flower or 5-10ml per gallon just during flush. Not expensive by my standards, I wouldn't care to spend the time figuring out a diy solution unless I was doing way higher volume.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

I think I paid maybe $25 for a quart of Terpenez and it recommends 3-8 ml per gallon through flower or 5-10ml per gallon just during flush. Not expensive by my standards, I wouldn't care to spend the time figuring out a diy solution unless I was doing way higher volume.
I hear ya, and feel it's a good route to go, especially if you're not comfortable with converting molecular weight to ppm.

Understand why these companies are somewhat vague in regards to their labeling, have to protect the recipe somehow.

Wish these companies would be a little less transparent in regards to labeling practices. Due to the terp profiles that you can obviously smell with some of these products, people should be aware that these terps will play a role in overall flavoring of finished product. I'd be quite upset to grow out some of Archive's Dos-si-dos, only to use one of these terp products and my finished meds come out tasting like your everyday Northern Lights or the like...

Munch517

Munch517

I hear ya, and feel it's a good route to go, especially if you're not comfortable with converting molecular weight to ppm.

Understand why these companies are somewhat vague in regards to their labeling, have to protect the recipe somehow.

Wish these companies would be a little less transparent in regards to labeling practices. Due to the terp profiles that you can obviously smell with some of these products, people should be aware that these terps will play a role in overall flavoring of finished product. I'd be quite upset to grow out some of Archive's Dos-si-dos, only to use one of these terp products and my finished meds come out tasting like your everyday Northern Lights or the like...

I just can't imagine the components of this stuff would be that much cheaper to buy individually, that's assuming I can match or exceed their proprietary formula to begin with. Do you have a diy solution for this that you'd be willing to share?

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Well this is from my stash, and if I wanted to homebrew a ripening/terp product I would do this per gallon of water 3 weeks prior to flush/harvest considering different cultivars have different finishing times.

Citric Acid (fructose) - 2 tablespoons
Sucanat (sucrose) - 2 tablespoons
Florel (commonly available ripener, uses ethephon to promote ethelyne functions, ethelyne is the phytohormone responsible for ripening) - 50 ppm
Lemongrass oil (myrcerne & pinene) - 2 drops
Orange oil (limonene) -4 drops
20200210 204724

Munch517

Munch517

Well this is from my stash, and if I wanted to homebrew a ripening/terp product I would do this per gallon of water 3 weeks prior to flush/harvest considering different cultivars have different finishing times.

Citric Acid (fructose) - 2 tablespoons
Sucanat (sucrose) - 2 tablespoons
Florel (commonly available ripener, uses ethephon to promote ethelyne functions, ethelyne is the phytohormone responsible for ripening) - 50 ppm
Lemongrass oil (myrcerne & pinene) - 2 drops
Orange oil (limonene) -4 dropsView attachment 939814

Thanks for that. I'm probably going to keep using the Terpenez for simplicity's sake but I'll be keeping your formulation in my back pocket.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Cool man, yah I'm sure it's not some "placebo effect" or just "potassium" as most of this thread will make you think, my nose says different, lol.

I use Sucanat and Citric Acid for different purposes. I get a little crafty when it comes to my co2 needs. No need to run a tank when your bennies will do most of the heavy lifting for you.

I understand the value of certain carbs, and nice to know there's more than just a few drops of smelly stuff and potassium as that's about all the label provides.

Mikerichmond092

Mikerichmond092

Warning rip off alert:
Terpenez
Will burn your nose and throat
Leaves a synthetic lemon taste
in all of your product
Rosemary oil is the main ingredient
Worst product I have tried by far
Can't believe people use this garbage
No way this can be healthy
Zelda Horticulture selling snake oil