Terpinator Ban?

• Thread starter HydroGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I recently read an article claiming that terpinator was found to have high cadium levels and was banned in Oregon. I cant find the link and looked on oregons official websitebut could not find it on the list of flagged products. I was always told that terpinator is basically organic. I am curious if anyone knows if this is true or not? I know you can only believe about 5% of what you read online but im definitely skeptical now. Im from Michigan but any of you Oregon growers hear anything about this? Is it a bunch of crap or did they really find cadium in terpinator?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Oregon local here, Haven't heard anything and its still on the shelf at my local hydro store. And I still have it in my arsenal so I'm curious myself.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Thank you someone must!
I keep looking through it and its pretty extensive just ridiculous. Then they have that list below that are violations. Maybe the Terpinator is in there somewhere, probably if big names are showing up. Losing faith in my home state over here:banghead:

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Yeah its just kinda crazy! oregon is kinda the first state to really regulate what products cant be used. I hope this wont be a nation wide trend. Im all for regulations that keeps dangerous chemicals out of pot. After this list about all you can use is water!

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Yeah its just kinda crazy! oregon is kinda the first state to really regulate what products cant be used. I hope this wont be a nation wide trend. Im all for regulations that keeps dangerous chemicals out of pot. After this list about all you can use is water!

Well most are listed as mislabeled or unregistered so I imagine it's easy enough to rectify. Mislabeled most likely means there is some misleading info or its just straight not up to their labeling standards. I'm wondering if this has something to do with being so early into 2017 like perhaps some products didn't get registered in time this year and will be taken off the list as soon as it's processed? Just taken a stabbing guess at it lol

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Well most are listed as mislabeled or unregistered so I imagine it's easy enough to rectify. Mislabeled most likely means there is some misleading info or its just straight not up to their labeling standards. I'm wondering if this has something to do with being so early into 2017 like perhaps some products didn't get registered in time this year and will be taken off the list as soon as it's processed? Just taken a stabbing guess at it lol
That would make sense because this cant be all be banned.

xenon730

xenon730

i notice og biowar is on there and cap recently said he couldnt get them to take his samples in time. feels like what arcticorange suggested. any of the big ones are products proven with paclo say adulterated and i see a lot of flags for iba and rooting hormones. a lot of these will be removed as time goes on. noticing a lot of humic and fulvic and asa products on there also. i recall seeing individual reports listing all of these and flagging iba, fulvic, and asa as pesticides and another report saying microbe samples were coming back showing no life. seems this is a compilation of all those lists put together for the new year. that's my thoughts anyways after looking into this.

Last edited:
mancdank

mancdank

i notice og biowar is on there and cap recently said he couldnt get them to take his samples in time. feels like what arcticorange suggested. any of the big ones are products proven with paclo say adulterated and i see a lot of flags for iba and rooting hormones. a lot of these will be removed as time goes on. noticing a lot of humic and fulvic and asa products on there also. i recall seeing individual reports listing all of these and flagging iba, fulvic, and asa as pesticides and another report saying microbe samples were coming back showing no life. seems this is a compilation of all those lists put together for the new year. that's my thoughts anyways after looking into this.
I don't see canna or ionic on the list though but tbh in this game it wouldn't suprise me if they wrote the list and posted it on the Web lol

xenon730

xenon730

I don't see canna or ionic on the list though but tbh in this game it wouldn't suprise me if they wrote the list and posted it on the Web lol
canna doesn't use asa or iba and register most of their stuff right away. they likely wouldn't trigger most of the things that these picked up on. they also don't make any microbe claims so that excludes them from like 70% of these tests.

P

Pimples

Heavy metals like arsenic and cadmium are in all the hydroponic nutrient brands. And yes even in most "tea buckets" made at home. As a matter of fact...there are probably more heavys in the organic nutrients and soils. They are in such small trace amounts that they are negligible. And difficult to formulate mineral or organic fertilizers without them. You bathroom medicine cabinet and toiletry hamper probably has products with WAY more heavy metals in them than the minute trace amounts found in hydroponic nutrient bottles.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

After this list about all you can use is water!

Maybe that says something. Oregon knows what natural means? Cannabis needs to be natural.

Id post pics of lush plants grown with water and local soil, but no one on the internet would believe it.

When Oregon bans the soil then we can call their thought process bullshit.. Til then..!

xenon730

xenon730

Maybe that says something. Oregon knows what natural means? Cannabis needs to be natural.

Id post pics of lush plants grown with water and local soil, but no one on the internet would believe it.

When Oregon bans the soil then we can call their thought process bullshit.. Til then..!
there are a lot of people here who grow with soil and water almost exclusively. show those photos! ever had a test on the soil you're talking about?

P

Pimples

What is natural grown cannabis? Certainly not anything with artificial lighting i would assume

Top Bottom